Wire numbers and schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

dicklaxt

I never saw a wire in a MCC that wasn't identified in some manner,the schematics and wiring diagrams also had corresponding numbers..........there may be documentation that would allow for this to not be a requirement but as i said I have never seen it to be the case.

I have a GE 8000-Line Motor Control Center Application and Selection Guide laying here in front of me and it has many pages of GE's standard motor starter connection diagrams complete with all terminal blocks and wires identified,no stones left unturned.

dick

Besoeker

I never saw a wire in a MCC that wasn't identified in some manner,the schematics and wiring diagrams also had corresponding numbers..........there may be documentation that would allow for this to not be a requirement but as i said I have never seen it to be the case.

I have a GE 8000-Line Motor Control Center Application and Selection Guide laying here in front of me and it has many pages of GE's standard motor starter connection diagrams complete with all terminal blocks and wires identified,no stones left unturned.

dick
Did/do the actual wires have numbers on them?
Lack of those was one of the grouses that OP had.

Besoeker

Yes and no from experiencing it visually,if you are saying printed on the jacket ,,,I don't know.

dick
Not sure what you mean by printed on the jacket.
I meant as in post #20 or something equivalent to identify the individual wires.

dicklaxt

Not sure what you mean by printed on the jacket.
I meant as in post #20 or something equivalent to identify the individual wires.

Okay gotcha,,,,,when I said printed on the jacket I was referring to conductor insulation,I have seen that done,,,,now in reference to #20 I have seen it both ways.Th manufacturer would show terminal ID and wire number on his typical schematic but not necessarily attach wire markers as shown in #20 but I have seen it done but thats not the norm.The field wiring always had a requirement for wire tags with ID. The terminal and exit ID as shown in #20 is probably done in 98% of the case.The terminal ID by the vendor and wire tags ID by the installing electricians.

dick

Status
Not open for further replies.