wireless-activated receptacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

lothian

I need a wireless-activated receptacle to complete a client's kitchen undercabinet LED upgrade.

The scenario...
Replaced h.o's kitchen u.c florescent fixtures with LED strip lights; hard-wired an LED transformer (a.k.a, "driver") to existing switched circuit. Client recently requested addition of LED strip lights under a island countertop. Kitchen is on-slab. Island has power, but access to conduit stub is impossible.

The desire...
I propose to isolate one of the island receptacles and remote-activate it on/off with the rest of the switched circuit. I envision a control device that ties into the existing switched circuit that sends a wireless signal to a receiver within a purpose-designed receptacle. Optionally, since this is low voltage, another thought is a similar 120v wireless device which draws its power from the existing island power but with a relay that switches a 12v transformer on/off.

I've spent waaaay too much time keyword searching the Internet. I'd appreciate responses with links to specific devices for me to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.