Wireways adjustment factors 376.22(B), T310.15(B)(3)a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale001289

I think I already know the answer here but I want to hear it from the Code gods on the Forum before moving forward.
Does the 30 current carrying ‘conductors’ only apply to single conductors or does it also apply to multi conductors? Say I have 10, 3/C multi conductor branch circuits feeding 10, 3 phase motors does this constitute 30 current carrying conductors or just 10?
And if none of the motors meet the definition of continuous load, would this allow for a higher number of conductors before adjustment factors apply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
A continuous or non-continuous load does not change the number of CCC's. Now if you really meant simultaneous that's a different animal.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Many times the length of the conductors in a wireway are short enough to apply the exception to 310.14(A)(2) in the 2020 code or the exception to 310.15(A)(2) in the 2017 or earlier codes.

Isaiah

Occupation
Electrical Inspector
I think I already know the answer here but I want to hear it from the Code gods on the Forum before moving forward.
Does the 30 current carrying ‘conductors’ only apply to single conductors or does it also apply to multi conductors? Say I have 10, 3/C multi conductor branch circuits feeding 10, 3 phase motors does this constitute 30 current carrying conductors or just 10?
And if none of the motors meet the definition of continuous load, would this allow for a higher number of conductors before adjustment factors apply?

If you have 10 motors total but there are 5 primary ‘A’ motors and 5 back up ‘B’ motors you’d only have to count half of the 30 conductors as continuous since they’d never be running at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.