Working clearances

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Hey guys, just checking, but 9” of clearance in front of the AHU access panels is enough clearance to connect and service, right ?

With a balanced diet and enough exercise, i might be able to get this hooked up before the job ends.

af098436cf15c16cd7f1d0842aa96f00.jpg

95d0d45cb1962466b2f5e5cbf20cb318.jpg

4a97307b5196a8e0d81aa87a1b129005.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EC Dan

Occupation
E&C Manager
I'm pretty sure HVAC installers have a game to see who can place ceiling air handlers in the absolute most inconvenient place possible for maintenance.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
798dd3b66e8c5217d2605f166b6bb675.jpg

Got it hooked up, and only because I have the arms of gorilla…. It’s impossible to fully remove the front panel from the space.

The mechanicals on this building have been a nightmare. The truss engineer forgot to account for the duct work in the design; those were his exact words. They had to drop a lot of the ceilings in the building to allow for duct. The two units in this picture are over a bathroom, and the plans call for a hard ceiling. GC changed to ACT to allow access to them. There was supposed to be a 3rd unit here by design and it obviously won’t fit, so they had to take a closet away nearby to fit the AHU. Soooo many things like that on this project. Owner probably spent $200k on architect & engineering and this is what he got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.