Would be consultant

guschash

I have who does High voltage work, street lights , stadium lights, and high lights you see along the highways. Right now he has crews in Texas doing work there after the storm they just had. He been in high voltage work for over 30 years ,working with the same company. There are around 35 employees working right now. His employer passed away and he and another guy brought the company. But either one has a contractor license. They are both studting to take the test. Both they need a license contractor right now. He ask me to work for in as a consultant , so there can be a license contractor to pull permits and inspect jobs. He has been doing this all along but now with no license contractor in company but he needs one. I think this is good opportunity for me to learn this part of electrical work, I will never this type of work but I enjoy learning all aspect of our trade. I don’t plan on working 40 hours a week maybe 10 ,he good with whatever I want, My question is what should I get paid? Hourly or set fee.

IMHO-
Hourly since things will drag on unless you're careful.
Make sure you're covered by their Errors and Omissions insurance as well as liability.
(I assume you have the proper licenses.)
You might need to be an officer of the company, depends on the state.

Look up some of the threads here about renting your license, lots of good stuff.