Would you do this to get more business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyMarkNC

Even if something like this had about a 5% success rate, it would probably still be a good return on investment on the small amount of time it takes you to leave a card in the door/mailbox.

Unless you got arrested by the malbox police. Then it would turn into a horrible return on investment.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
The LB was a 4 inch and had been hit by a snowplow. You could see the conductors inside the fitting and the broken pipe feeding it. About a month later I came back and saw that the broken stuff had a section of sewer pipe over it, held on with a hose clamp.

That was a cool thread with pics.:thumbsup:

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
Even if something like this had about a 5% success rate, it would probably still be a good return on investment on the small amount of time it takes you to leave a card in the door/mailbox.

Unless you got arrested by the malbox police. Then it would turn into a horrible return on investment.

And even if it had a 1% sucess rate, get your name out as much as possible, in as many ways possible,if nothing else it will become a familiar sounding name when someone is looking for an electrician.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
My biggest problem giving business cards to other businesses is they start calling me offering me their services.

It's like those kids who text their favorite Britney Spears songs to 56775 because, well because they don't even know why, and then 56775 is sending them texts everyday until their parents had to shut the phone off after 56775 ran up the bill.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
And even if it had a 1% sucess rate, get your name out as much as possible, in as many ways possible,if nothing else it will become a familiar sounding name when someone is looking for an electrician.

Nothing personal, but that is the reasoning behind email spam. It is so cheap that even a 0.001% success rate is deemed a success. I was indiscreet with my email address a few years ago, and now even with filtering in place I get about 100 emails a day. 6-8 of them are from people I know.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
Nothing personal, but that is the reasoning behind email spam. It is so cheap that even a 0.001% success rate is deemed a success. I was indiscreet with my email address a few years ago, and now even with filtering in place I get about 100 emails a day. 6-8 of them are from people I know.
Yes, I assumed that since I still get spam and calls from telemarketers, enough people are buying to keep them in business.

I added gmail (already had yahoo) so that I would have an address use when filling out forms & such.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Yes, I assumed that since I still get spam and calls from telemarketers, enough people are buying to keep them in business.

I added gmail (already had yahoo) so that I would have an address use when filling out forms & such.
I have a gmail address as well that I do NOT use for buying stuff online, registering for forums, business cards, etc. So far (knock wood) my gmail inbox remains relatively spam free.

Crystal Skull

I may do it if i find the condition of a definite repair and i sense any delay can cause serious consequences. But i would try add in the note, why they need a repair and i would suggest them to get it done through a good contractor they know, and if you don't know any one than contact me, I happen to be in same profession.

highvolts582

I thought you were suppose to employ local kids for 10 bucks per 100 flyers. The charges wont follow them to adulthood. (kidding)

Get some door knob hangers. tape it to the outside of the mailbox. (never open.) Every once and a while i get a sandwich bag 5 small stones to hold it down and a small flyer inside for landscaping they see my not so great lawn and throw and go.... being creative never hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.