Wrong to begin with now adding a 12 x 24 metal shed

Status
Not open for further replies.

butch

Re: Wrong to begin with now adding a 12 x 24 metal shed

IF is a BIG word: IF butterflys would carry machine guns then the birds wouldnt f--- with them.

BruceH

Sorry butch, I wasn't addressing your post. Should've been more clear, I was referring to the original question.

jimwalker

The shed is attached to this cottage, so nothing changes for it's part being added.If cottage had no other connections to the house then the 3 wire sounds fine.Only thing i see is the connection of the direct tv.Easy fix,it needs own dish.The problem in sharing dish is the coax is or should be bonded to the ground at the house.Now with it being bonded we now have a potential between it and the cottage ground.This may or maynot cause a hazard.I am doing something similar right now.100 feet away we have a shed ? carpet,ac,drywall,that we are turning into a computer shop.Running 4 wires to a sub panel because it will be sharing cable,phone,internet and a router system.If not for the other items 3 wires would been fine.Give some thought to the potential differance.Try to take reading between the coax shield of the direct tv and the cottage ground.Ther might be a few volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.