Wyoming Bans Electric Vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
But I guess some people must have had a meltdown and complained because if no one melted down I wouldn't have been censored.
That is very likely.

Also, I've seen people make internet forums their bully pulpit, then link to YouTube videos of garage experiments. Other disgrunts read their manifesto, or some unpublished essay.

People cry because it is censorship, but private forums don't follow public policy or free speech. Its the volunteers that give their time to keep some civility, and enforce the rules according to their own slant.

The problem is making a nuisance of yourself with a political rival who happens to be a moderator.

Last edited:

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
my source was an on the ground CBS reporter that showed first had footage
Try starting a new thread with your CBS link, where everybody must stay on topic with your subject matter.

Sometimes its harder to get a bite as a lurker trying to change topics mid thread.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
That's just the perception I get. It seems to me a lot of people get really defensive when anyone says something negative about electric vehicles. And I notice that if I ever try to present any information on the negative environmental impact of electric vehicles or the negative impact on the societies that have to gather the resources my post gets promptly deleted. I really don't understand why hearing both sides of the electric vehicle debate on an electrical forum is controversial. But I guess some people must have had a meltdown and complained because if no one melted down I wouldn't have been censored.
Sea Nile, you are working with incomplete information and a lack of understanding of Forum policies.
Nobody complained about you and I do not think I acted in a meltdown.
As I stated clearly in my post, there was nothing wrong with the information drcampbell posted and that was not censored. What was censored was a sarcastic statement about the political implications of the action in question, which was likely to take the thread in a direction which would have gotten it closed completely.
Sometimes when you post something, go somewhere else, and then use the back button on the browser it takes to a cached snapshot of the thread as it was before you posted. That confuses me from time to time. :)

Last edited:

tthh

Occupation
Retired Engineer
Wife wanted a new car...bought her what she wanted...a Rav4 Prime...Hybrid EV...50-ish miles electric, but also with a gas engine. On gas it gets 40+/- mpg. 0-60 in 5.7 seconds. Very nice car. So, daily driver around town it never switches to gas. The switch to gas and back is seamless -- you really cannot tell or even feel it.

Wife wanted a new car...bought her what she wanted...a Rav4 Prime...Hybrid EV...50-ish miles electric, but also with a gas engine. On gas it gets 40+/- mpg. 0-60 in 5.7 seconds. Very nice car. So, daily driver around town it never switches to gas. The switch to gas and back is seamless -- you really cannot tell or even feel it.
I always thought to 50-80ish mile range "plug in hybrid" EV would be a great choice for more people currently. It does seem like there is a slightly premature push to Electric only. (Maybe there are more of these type of vehicles available than I am aware of and just out of the loop?)

4x4dually

Occupation
Electrical Engineer/ Ex-Electrician
If you've been to Wyoming, there is enough wind in that state to power the entire West. And, I might not even be exaggerating.
Then that's exactly where they should put all these udder ****ing wind turbines instead of in my front yard. Oklahoma is going to look like comiefornia in less than two years.

FionaZuppa

Occupation
Part Time Electrician (semi retired, old) - EE retired.
eV's are the future. Battery eV's should be banned.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I always thought to 50-80ish mile range "plug in hybrid" EV would be a great choice for more people currently. It does seem like there is a slightly premature push to Electric only. (Maybe there are more of these type of vehicles available than I am aware of and just out of the loop?)
My ambition is to leave my all-gas Rav4 to one of my sons, in my will. If circumstances compel, I'd look at a hybrid. For my type of driving, it's probably the perfect compromise. The deciding factor is going to be price and expected lifetime economy.

California is actually trying to ban petroleum burning vehicles a
Well..... no.

The state is banning the sale of new gasoline-powered vehicles; not banning them outright. And since the target date is more than a decade away, it's possible or even likely that it will be amended for special uses. (How long to most people keep their cars? numbers vary but the average lifespan of a car seems to be in the 150-200k miles or 10-12 years; sure, some last longer but many don't.)

Further, what the XO says is
It shall be a goal of the State that 100 percent of in-state sales of new passenger cars and trucks will be zero-emission by 2035.
and
100 percent of medium- and heavy-duty vehicles in the State be zero-emission by 2045 for all operations where feasible

(and a bunch of others)

AFAICT, the ban addresses fossil-fueled vehicles, so hydrogen or alcohol fuel cells would be fine.

And "comiefornia"??? That's the best you can manage?

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
That's just the perception I get. It seems to me a lot of people get really defensive when anyone says something negative about electric vehicles. And I notice that if I ever try to present any information on the negative environmental impact of electric vehicles or the negative impact on the societies that have to gather the resources my post gets promptly deleted. I really don't understand why hearing both sides of the electric vehicle debate on an electrical forum is controversial. But I guess some people must have had a meltdown and complained because if no one melted down I wouldn't have been censored.
If in your posts you resort to namecalling or other language that is derisive to people who disagree with you, or if you stray into controversial politics with inflammatory rhetoric, I am not surprised that such posts get edited or deleted. I see plenty of posts in here by people who question the wisdom of building battery powered electric vehicles, so it is not simply that that gets your content removed..

Status
Not open for further replies.