Zinsco Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Re: Zinsco Panel

Originally posted by apauling:
so Bob, I take it you are saying grounding and bonding are the same, as i only know of grounding terminals on duplex receptacles. i am glad you cleared this up, now i don't really have to understand bonding, it's just grounding. Thanks, bob.

paul :)
Please explain the violation.

[ August 04, 2005, 05:35 AM: Message edited by: iwire ]

apauling

without looking it all up, the def of bonding is permanent connection (cord and plug is least permanent), and in the beginning of section on bonding it specifically stated that bonding must use parts listed for bonding, not grounding tangs of a cord. If you think that the grounding tang of the cord of a stove is a listed permanent bonding connection we can end the discussion here. If you actually read what i specifically said, i did not say it was a code violation as it AS I STATED was specifically allowed.

BUT the grounding tang of a cord for a imported stove does not have a ul listing as a permanent bonding connection, even though it is specifically allowed.

I am not persuing any ideas further along that line as it is a moot argument, but i used it to point out the disparity of the uses of "listed", no more discussion is needed.

iwire

Staff member

Originally posted by apauling:
I am not persuing any ideas further along that line as it is a moot argument, but i used it to point out the disparity of the uses of "listed", no more discussion is needed.

OK, thanks for clearing it up. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.