767 Greenlee

Status
Not open for further replies.

physis

I'm interested whether anybody's used one of these before and what they think of it.

iwire

Staff member
767.jpg

?

Of course, hundreds of times, used to own one till it got stolen.

e57

For anything but busting slugs it would be a waste of time and therefore money. Even for busting slugs there is money better spent these days. If you have say a crimp die.... Sure.

IMO if you have a lot of pipe to bend - get an electric pump &/or bender. If you have more that say 6-90's in 2" RMC - money is better spent sending a lacky to a rental joint if you have one.

nakulak

its the only way. the small ram is better than the one piece pump/ram cause it fits in tight locations. hole saws may be cheaper but I never use em to punch holes.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Physis,

I picked up a used 767, the pump, hose & piston, 25 years ago. I'm still using it. I've replaced only the 3/4 die, in that time.

If I had relied on hole cutters, I shudder to think how much I would have spent replacing them.

I love the fact that I don't have to lean in and shove, which the hole cutter requires. Box physical confines can make the lean-and-shove awkward, at best.

The 767 will do up to a 4" trade size hole, as I recall. Using a 4" hole cutter is a potential wrist wracker.

dcspector

I still have mine to 4" will never part with it. I paid $1300.00 for it. Al agreed on the wrist breaker hole saws. I prefer to simply pump it till it pops.....OOPS! that did not sound right.......

gndrod

767.jpg

?

Of course, hundreds of times, used to own one till it got stolen.

I had the same thing happen also. Many tools were stolen but were recovered when some guy called me one night from 'The Dew Drop Inn' lounge. Evidently there was a bet between the locals as to what the tool did and I had engraved my name and phone number on the casing. After going down to the bar I found out where the tool came from and locked in on the guy that had my other tools. I was lucky to get most of the tools back other than a Sawzall. rbj

physis

I had the same thing happen also. Many tools were stolen but were recovered when some guy called me one night from 'The Dew Drop Inn' lounge. Evidently there was a bet between the locals as to what the tool did and I had engraved my name and phone number on the casing. After going down to the bar I found out where the tool came from and locked in on the guy that had my other tools. I was lucky to get most of the tools back other than a Sawzall. rbj

Soooo.....what's it do RBJ? :grin:

Just kidding. :smile:

cadpoint

Yeah, I happen to lookup some toys and the prices the other day before
this thread, I've never given this tool any thought. 1731,1732...

A pump is on most jobs, or brought in just in time when required.

physis

The one I've been using does 4" and it's a way more respectable operation and end result than any drilling method.

Status
Not open for further replies.