767 Greenlee

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmhead

Greenlee hand pump issues

Greenlee hand pump issues

Well as for the clean lookin knock out set our sets greenlee mostly go in for repair once a year and they do not look like that . We also have c punch and we use all electric pumps no hand pumps they stay in the box now they look new no one ever takes them out less work . Our dies are sharpened once or twice in there life time which is a short life span if they make it 3 or 4 jobs there good or have never been use much . Sorry Greenlee your hand pumps are not made well we punch everyday we only work on gear so its a everyday task they dont make it thur one job the hand pumps ? with out a knock out set your going to burn up 1/2 drill motors everyday were we work ? comments take care

Last edited:
Out of hawK??? You in to ornithology?:cool:

OK, you've officially been razzed on the forum. Welcome to the zoo!

4ad2bb6ca2b9340a

Is this a baby orinth? :smile:

Either way, I had been advised that my first post here might generate some form of a hazing. I din't beleive it at first, I should have listened closer. :grin:

I was also firmly told not to mention the pawn shop.

b1d51740b06b50ce

I guess I lost $5.oo.

physis

White Lightning you will fit in perfect on this Forum.....Knock em dead Dude:smile:

You said "dude" :grin:

I put White Lightning up to joining the site. Mostly cause I'm not about to let him use my name, like I don't get myself in trouble. :grin:

He's the master electrician I've mentioned a couple times.

He's really not at all familiar with using a site like this, I am a bit worried he might initially get torn to shreads out here, but he's a grown up.

Last edited:

physis

I'm just totally not used to you using that kind of terminology.

You're killin me here. :grin:

Edit: :grin::grin::grin:

dcspector

You said "dude" :grin:

I put White Lightning up to joining the site. Mostly cause I'm not about to let him use my name, like I don't get myself in trouble. :grin:

He's the master electrician I've mentioned a couple times.

He's really not at all familiar with using a site like this, I am a bit worried he might initially get torn to shreads out here, but he's a grown up.

I see, no problem. Tell White lightning ( Dude ) It is fun gettin tore up on this site.....I love it! I must be a "masochist" so to speak, but this Forum is the best education I have ever had in my 20 years as an electrician. Also, has made me a better Inspector. White Lightning will benefit from it.

physis

I see, no problem. Tell White lightning ( Dude ) It is fun gettin tore up on this site.....I love it! I must be a "masochist" so to speak, but this Forum is the best education I have ever had in my 20 years as an electrician. Also, has made me a better Inspector. White Lightning will benefit from it.

I can only agree with everything you've said.

This site has actually forced me to educate myself just to keep up. And I'm glad that I have.

e57

Let's not leave out the fun step of punching out the 1/2" pilot hole with the thinner drawstud first, and then making the final hole with the main drawstud.

Unless, of course, you use a holesaw to make the larger pilot hole in one feww swoop. But then, that would be gauche, no? :cool:
How would that be crude? (gauche) I don't think I have ever used my 1/2"(7/8") hole punch - EVER! Back when the use of uni-bits was popular - I would just run it through, then punch the larger hole for 3/4"+. When carbide hole cutters became more popular I just cut a 7/8" hole - in fact I just cut the hole for 1/2" ~ 2" in the same time it would take to put that initial pilot hole in. I only use punches if power is not available for the drill, or the hole is over 2".

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
in fact I just cut the hole for 1/2" ~ 2" in the same time it would take to put that initial pilot hole in. I only use punches if power is not available for the drill, or the hole is over 2".
Same here, except my 36v DeWalt has no trouble driving the Greenlee 2" conduit-size holesaw in metal; nor up to the 6-3/8" recessed-light hole-saw in any other material, so I "always have power available."

Status
Not open for further replies.