Can you spot the violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Found this the other day, How many violation can you see.
panel-pic-4.jpg
panel-pic-3.jpg
panel-pic-2.jpg
panel-pic-1.jpg

barbeer

The dead front has obviously been "modified",
although very colorful....blue glue I do not think is acceptable for electrical RNC,
Is there a weathertite connection at same blue glue RNC termination?,
Bonding of GEC enclosure................................................................

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
There is no hub on the top. I still think it's an issue even if he covers the front with a door.

Yeh he put the main breaker in the wrong position for some reason. The 40 amp breaker is on 10's. those two pole are feeding Ice melt also.

that's 1 1/2" pvc w AL conductors.

raider1

Staff member
The gas regulator is installed upside down, and dosen't have a test tee ahead of the regulator or after the regulator within 10 pipe diameters.:D

Chris

RUWired

I'd start by requiring bonding bushings on the emt pipe. Are water pipe clamps approved for ground rods? Is that a # 4 awg or a # 6 awg GEC?

barbeer

Sierrasparky said:
Really what about 240.4D

As I said, the only Ice down here is in the freezer............after careful consideration and in-depth research it appears that 240.4(E) nor (G) excepts de-ice or snow melting equip. so as you stated 240.4(D) would prevail.:grin:

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Additionally it needs to have the EPD style breakers and they need to comply with the note on the deadfront.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
dcspector said:
EMT with The GEC is not bonded 250.64(E) and the one GEC clamp screws are they stainless or listed for direct burial 250.70

Guess what this just passed this morning,
The owner did not want me to pay me to correct it. He called the inspector himself.

I called the head inspector he's pissed

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Not me the junior inspector who aprooved such crap.
This was the work of the homeowners handyman over the weekend. The owner thought he would save some money, save me some time. he forgot this was a bid job. I called the seinor inspector because I did not want them to think it was my work. It's all a can of worms now. The customer was not willing to have me correct it.
Now he's gonna really pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.