Can you spot the violations

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnJ0906

Sierrasparky said:
Not me the junior inspector who aprooved such crap.
This was the work of the homeowners handyman over the weekend. The owner thought he would save some money, save me some time. he forgot this was a bid job. I called the seinor inspector because I did not want them to think it was my work. It's all a can of worms now. The customer was not willing to have me correct it.
Now he's gonna really pay.

So you already had a permit for the service?

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
This was a new house. Owner builder. They do ALL in ONE permits. I rarely get to pull a permit on a job as the General or owner builder do. I hate it because sometimes you get a cheap owner trying to save some money and do it behind your back. I was the EC. untill the owner did this. Told him I could not deduct from my contract. So he called for inspection behind my back. By the way all the proper parts were there at the site. Just can't figure out why he did what he did.

Last edited:

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
M. D. said:
YUCK ,..Burn it and start over ,.that is gross
I wonder How i'll ever get the 4/0 out of the 1 1/2" conduit let alone the LB. That idiot the Meyers hub was right there in my box of goodies.
The ground is no big deal I'll use Armoured to the UFER and the rods. and repull the ground.Gee I cannot belive he used my roll of green tape. DARN!

Last edited:

JohnJ0906

Sierrasparky said:
I wonder How i'll ever get the 4/0 out of the 1 1/2" conduit let alone the LB. That idiot the Meyers hub was right there in my box of goodies.
The ground is no big deal I'll use Armoured to the UFER and the rods. and repull the ground.Gee I cannot belive he used my roll of green tape. DARN!

AND he used YOUR material too?!? :mad:

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
JohnJ0906 said:
AND he used YOUR material too?!? :mad:
He said to me through his handyman that He figured he bought the stuff. This was a flat price for entire new LOG home elctrical job. Don't really know what his thinking was since the rest of the job has a lot of non electrical pick-up to do.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
I just figured out who must have done it as the handyman said some frien of the owner did it. But as I recall this afternoon while I was packing up my material the Handyman said " don't take that EMT I paid for that" Well why would he have paid for a stick of EMT if some other guy bought it and and installed it.

Jacob S

I love the fact you can still stick your fingers into the lugs on the main with the dead front installed. Classy!

tonyou812

NJ electricians please correct me if I am wrong.

NJ electricians please correct me if I am wrong.

I am pretty sure that in NJ you need to be at least 3 feet from the gas line. But please correct me if I am wrong. For some reason this rule seems to stick in my mind from a job a few years back.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Well unfortunatly the concrete guy left me only that space. The footings are huge here in earthquake country. It would have been expensive to cut through. Anyway the gas line is divided and will have a door or something.

Mr.Sparkle

Tony,

Pretty sure you are right about the 3ft. rule in NJ, that is what I was always told. I just did a duplex near the beach here and I had an issue where the plumbers stubbed out of the crawl with their gas line right under my meter disco on BOTH sides of the duplex.....well maybe I should rephrase that to they had an issue, I told them about it and the first attempt was an elbow and 3 foot of pipe, then the builder saw it, now its done right and I am pretty sure they think I am to blame for doing it over again.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Mr.Sparkle said:
Tony,

Pretty sure you are right about the 3ft. rule in NJ, that is what I was always told. I just did a duplex near the beach here and I had an issue where the plumbers stubbed out of the crawl with their gas line right under my meter disco on BOTH sides of the duplex.....well maybe I should rephrase that to they had an issue, I told them about it and the first attempt was an elbow and 3 foot of pipe, then the builder saw it, now its done right and I am pretty sure they think I am to blame for doing it over again.
sce.jpg

I should have 24" ,besides I was there before the regulator. Notice I had to jog the service conduit. I had to get poco to approve that back to back 22deg bends.

Last edited:

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Dropped buy today Found his diy HANDYMAN with it all apart.
He turned a couple hour max job into a day or so mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.