correction time for posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivey

chris kennedy said:
I don't see this. Somehow I lost spell-check here and its a PITA.
Go to your profile then edit options then scroll to the bottom "Miscellaneous Options" and see if you are using the basic editor. The other two options will have the spell checker.

brian john

I cannot type, I have terrible grammar, I can't spell. I reread and reread my post yet stuff slips by me. I prefer the older time to delete. Was it that much of an issue?

frizbeedog

mivey said:
frizbeedog looks like he is not too interested in the slowing down thing. I have a basset hound that will shove his nose under my arm when I'm trying to type if he thinks he needs my attention and he does not get the "wait a minute" thing.

The spell checker thingy here will also link a dictionary on the word in question.

Thanks I'll check that out.

Oh, I have an avatar where she looks bored. I like to switch 'em up. :smile:

brian john

ostensibly squeaky clean post record thereafter, you'd appreciate the ten minute limit all the more.

The other on the site will know......and the poster can post a note that post were deleted edited.....I just think this is messing up many* (maybe?) because of a few.

* Well at least me.

frizbeedog

mivey said:
Go to your profile then edit options then scroll to the bottom "Miscellaneous Options" and see if you are using the basic editor. The other two options will have the spell checker.

What the heck is Advanced Interface? One of the options provided.

mivey

frizbeedog said:
Are you typing while lying on the floor? Those are short dogs man.
He owns the chair
DSC_0858.jpg

mivey

frizbeedog said:
What the heck is Advanced Interface? One of the options provided.
If you choose the standard or enhanced editor, you can click the littleA/bigA icon in the upper right corner to switch the editor mode and you will see the difference.

JohnJ0906

It is very frustrating to spend time and energy answering/responding to a question, looking up NEC and other references, only to have the OP come back and remove all of their posts, rendering the thread un-understandable, and a somewhat a waste of time.

I love the spell check on the google toolbar, but when I am on my friend's computer (as now) she doesn't have one, so I get some mistakes. Sorry in advance.

iwire

Staff member
JohnJ0906 said:
It is very frustrating to spend time and energy answering/responding to a question, looking up NEC and other references, only to have the OP come back and remove all of their posts, rendering the thread un-understandable, and a somewhat a waste of time.

That is really one of the main reasons for the limit.

What you describe has happened here and once the OP edited or deleted it could not be restored.

JohnJ0906

iwire said:

What you describe has happened here and once the OP edited or deleted it could not be restored.

I have seen it here, and at least 2 other forums I frequent.

I have made some dumb posts, and asked some dumb questions, but it's not so bad I can't leave the posts up.

mivey

iwire said:

In the one case I remember, it wasn't like the thread was a great historical record anyway, as the guy was being an idiot all along.

From a serious standpoint, it seemed obvious the thread was a waste of time anyway after the first few of his posts. If you thought answering any of his questions were going to make a difference, I would be surprised.

From an entertainment standpoint, I think there were several who were having fun playing with the guy and it really did not matter that he was all over the place.

iwire

Staff member
mivey said:
In the one case I remember, it wasn't like the thread was a great historical record anyway, as the guy was being an idiot all along.

That is not the only one, and at this point your making a big deal over something that you have control of, proof read first.

I am done on this subject.

mivey

iwire said:
That is not the only one, and at this point your making a big deal over something that you have control of, proof read first.

I am done on this subject.
I did not mean to neglect the other cases. I should have added that if there was a "sneak attack" in some other threads, I can certainly understand the frustration of those who spent the time posting only to see the thread torn apart later.

I can also understand you being done as I'm sure you have seen the other cases and have probably discussed this at length with the other moderators.

I appreciate you taking the time to help the rest of us understand the reasoning as you did not have to offer an explanation.

M. D.

proof read,... and in the event a mistake large enough to cause a high level of concern gets by you ,...quote yourself and correct the big mistake ,...No big deal...

cschmid

I have had the ability to edit a post after two other post have been posted..can you make it so that once another poster has posted after you that your post can not be edited even if it is in the time frame..I like to edit my spelling..I mess up like everyone else..

I all most forgot to spell check this..did not have any errors anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.