Electrician's Success International???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkludecke

Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I was contacted this AM by Electrician's Success International. They want me to attend a "free" seminar to show me how I've been doing it all wrong for the last 34 years in electrical service work (they may be right). It will cost me at least a tank of gas and about 14 hours of my Friday. Has anyone heard of these guys? Are they straight shooters or are they another Mr. Elect type outfit? I'm inclined not to go (the whole old dog thing) but I like to keep an open mind about things.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I think they are on the level. But I am not certain they have something to offer that would be worth their price. I say that because in the five minutes I spent looking through their web site, I was not able to discover the price of membership. It appears that you have to sit through one of their seminars ("infomercial," perhaps), in order to learn how to join and what the costs are for joining. That does not sound like an attractive opportunity to me. But then, I am not an electrician.

Here is a link to more information:
http://www.youresi.com/about.aspx

shelco

Esi

Esi

I did go to one of their seminars. The basis is very good ( however I think they have changed since I went) It is worth the time if you can go. I didn't like the hard sell at the end though.

I would suggest that you check out Nexstarnetworks.com if you are thinking of this type of move. (there are others of this type as well) Nexstar has what they call money masters. It costs but is well worth it. They are very open and upfront. you ask a question, you get an answer. It is a real eye opener.
I joined and it has made a world of difference. Just finding out what i didn't know but thought i did. Amazing amount of support and resouces available to members.

I know I sound like a paid endorser but I am not, just a contractor that has benifited from it.

Check them out what do you have to loose?

Last edited:

emahler

if you do residential service it's worth the time.

if you work t&m, it will open your eyes.

if you decide not to join, you will gain at least 1 idea that will make you money.

plus, you will at least have an idea what other companies in your area are/will be doing.

within the next few years, there will probably be several nexstar/esi companies in your area (if there isn't already)

good luck

edit to add...ESI is affiliated with PSI (Plumbers Success) and Clockwork Home Services (Parent company of Mr. Sparky) . It's a pretty big network

Last edited:

satcom

After you join, I have some lake front property you can buy, and a course in how to make money in real estate, plus if you hurry and get you money in fast, as a bonus I can include a red, and green arrows program to show you how to make millions in the stock market.

The secret is, once you put up some real money, you have to charge more, and be agressive, because now, you have some serious debt to pay off.

Last edited:

emahler

satcom said:
After you join, I have some lake front property you can buy, and a course in how to make money in real estate, plus if you hurry and get you money in fast, as a bonus I can include a red, and green arrows program to show you how to make millions in the stock market.

don't listen to satcom...the largest resi service company in his area (40-50 trucks) doing Plumbing/HVAC/Electric is a Nexstar Company. Very similar operations.

satcom

emahler said:
don't listen to satcom...the largest resi service company in his area (40-50 trucks) doing Plumbing/HVAC/Electric is a Nexstar Company. Very similar operations.
Did I wake you up ?

And how are they doing now, in the down housing market.

emahler

satcom said:
Did I wake you up ?

And how are they doing now, in the down housing market.

last I heard, they are still running 40+ trucks and their guys are working 60+ hrs/week.

whether they are making money or losing it? i don't have inside info:D

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
shelco said:
I did go to one of their seminars.
As did I. Nice catered lunch in a down-town hotel meeting room. Reminded me of an Amway seminar.

They "discount" down from $20K. :rolleyes: As I said, nice lunch.

emahler

larry,

i've never been to one of their seminars, but i know several people who are in their system...

one quick question - did you learn anything at that seminar that would help you make more money?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
emahler said:
larry, . . . one quick question - did you learn anything at that seminar that would help you make more money?
Yes: charge more, and always advertise for new employees; the latter keeps the guys motivated.

georgestolz said:
What is the cost of being a member of ESI?
In the neighborhood of $15K.

macmikeman

LarryFine said:
and always advertise for new employees; the latter keeps the guys motivated.

This is a time proven superior method that works across many industries. But it is a trick. And though I admire how well many of these guys do, I always see the tricks. A trick here, a trick there. Tricking and electrical work do not fit so well in my humble opinion. But then again, I was raised by a very honest father.

shelco

Esi

Esi

Larry
As I said I did attend the seminar and was put off with their approach. (ESI)
That is why I attended the nextsar seminar. Night and day difference.
Nexstar is dedicated to raising the bar in the sevices industry and helping those that want it to make a better living for themselves and their employees.
I am not promoting and do not care who does or doesn't want to investigate this. As I said it is unbeleivable the amount of info and resources available for those that wish to take advantage. It helps understand how to stay busy durring down times. No magic pill, no tricks just sound buisness practice.
Not cheap but a great value. Again I sound like a cult follower but this organization as made a world of difference for me and about 450 other companies. Scoff if you like but I always try to keep an open mind to new ideas, one of them just might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.