Funny sayings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

R Bob

Back when I was in apprentiship school there was an instructor that would always say... "Don't make an ASH of yourself" .

Early on I remember a JM that I was working with tell me that I needed to learn to work things hot or find another job. Hope he didn't make an ASH of himself.

Old L26 bumper sticker... "Let an Electrician check your Shorts" , I think it became politically incorrect.

The definition of insanity... Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, like reseting a tripped ckt brkr over and over again expecting the fault to clear (a POCO concept).

rogue

When I was a wee apprentice I was very concerned that all mc / conduit in wall that were being ran perfectally. When the job forman came by and asked me if I knew what happned to cat poop.
His reply
It gets burried !!!

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
R Bob said:
Old L26 bumper sticker... "Let an Electrician check your Shorts" , I think it became politically incorrect.
No worse than the advertisement for a car radiator shop: "A Great Place to Take a Leak!"

R Bob

LarryFine said:
No worse than the advertisement for a car radiator shop: "A Great Place to Take a Leak!"

Where do people come up with this stuff? My brain just doesn't go there. Creativity is not one of my finer points. I have been known to create art out of electrical work.

When I was trying to come up with a name for my company, my wife suggested "Shock the Monkey" (I understand this is a song).
I told her that doesn't sound real professional. She says, " yeah, but people will remember it". Yeah, they'll laugh and remember not to call me.

zog

R Bob said:
Back when I was in apprentiship school there was an instructor that would always say... "Don't make an ASH of yourself" .

Early on I remember a JM that I was working with tell me that I needed to learn to work things hot or find another job. Hope he didn't make an ASH of himself.

The definition of insanity... Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, like reseting a tripped ckt brkr over and over again expecting the fault to clear (a POCO concept).

85% of faults on transmission lines are self clearing while less than 10% of faults on distribution system wil self clear.

R Bob

zog said:
85% of faults on transmission lines are self clearing while less than 10% of faults on distribution system wil self clear.

Zog,

I hope you didn't think that I was being critical of POCO procedures.
I was just making a contrast.

Of course, POCOs have a vested interest in keeping the power on.
I was just pointing out that a fault in a building electrical ckt brings on a whole different set of dynamics and subsequent considerations.

I have witnessed "electricians" attempting to reset breakers repeatedly without ever considering why the breaker tripped in the first place. Sort of like a human re-closer. You and I both know that this behavior could ultimately prove to be fatal.

zog

No, I was agreeing with you, just adding some stats. That means there is a 90% chance you (someone) is closing the breaker back into the fault, after the first time the resistance of the fault decreases so when you close the breaker again the fault current is usually higher, and so on.....

R Bob

zog said:
No, I was agreeing with you, just adding some stats. That means there is a 90% chance you (someone) is closing the breaker back into the fault, after the first time the resistance of the fault decreases so when you close the breaker again the fault current is usually higher, and so on.....

DUH!...I didn't make the connection till just now.
Some days I'm just plain slow and counter intuitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.