480sparky

DLTravis said:
A good line to put on your business cards:

If our wiring doesn?t shock you our prices probably will. :D

Swap that around:

"Which would you rather get shocked by.... our price or your wiring?"

Podagrower

Two from the same large project:
We had a mix of 60 and 100 watt bulbs on the temp lights. One of the journeyman sent a helper to the supply trailer for "Bulb Gell" to get all the bulbs the same brightness. You know, it comes in 5 gallon buckets or squeeze bottles and is pretty slippery. Yes we were pulling feeders that day, yes we did get our pulling lube.

I had a helper who spoke bad English, mostly the stuff he had tought himself watching TV. My other helpers tought him the names of all the basic materials we use every day, but they tought him wrong. 3/4 EMT connectors became M098jr F997rs, 3/4 EMT couplings were SOBs. Sending him to the supply trailer was priceless.

Getting called sparky.

Getting called sparky.

tonyou812 said:
I personally feel like screaming every time someone calls me "sparky" for the love of god ...my name is "Kirk, James T ......oh uh I mean Tony" sometimes I forget ;)

I don't care for being called that either. It's like calling a mechanic a "Wrench" and just as funny. Everytime someone calls me that I immediately think.. "Ok, this guys a jack***". :D

220/221

Every time I here a customer say this, I have to laugh.

"I don't understand. It worked for all these years. How could it just stop working???"

I had a helper who spoke bad English, mostly the stuff he had tought himself watching TV.
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.