Funny sayings....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivey

brian john said:
Years ago I was severly shocked, someone that should have their butt kicked violated my LOTO. My wife called my dad and told him I had been electrocuted. Needless to say it took him some time to recover.
Reminds me of a bad bike wreck in my youth. I busted my head open, blood everywhere. My cousin tears home on his bike and is screaming to my mom that I was dead.

Mom gets there and the neighbor applying pressure to my head lifts the towel back just a little and mom sees a big hole with muscle tissue and thinks it is an empty eye socket (it was on my eyebrow). She calls dad and tells him I lost an eye and to meet us at the hospital but neglected to tell him which hospital, so he had to keep calling every emergency room till he found us.

scrooge

mivey said:
"You need me to cut the switch on?"
"How long will this take?"
"Do y'all know what you are doing?"
"Was it supposed to do that?"
"It was working fine before you got here."
electricians to each other: "I thought you were going to take care of that"
"I was told that met code"
"Can't you just replace the ________?"
"Why can't you just_______?"
"My friend, who does electrical work, told me________"
"I could have done that"
"No, no one has done anything since the house was built"
"This shouldn't take you very long"
electricians to each other: "I see birds sitting on powerlines all the time".

iwire

Staff member
Right now two that are popular at work are.

"Chicka-pow" which just means 'whatever'

and

"Just another day" used when being sent in circles by the office for reasons unknown to us in the field.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
You don't have to be a rocket surgeon to figure this out.

or

We are not very smart but we can lift heavy things. Saw this one on a stone mason's company shirt--- I got me one.:grin:

JohnJ0906

peter d said:
That sure brings back memories.....the other one related to that is "It's just a job."

"It's not just a job... it's an adventure!"

One I've used on a few jobs recently - "Sometimes it's good to be good. Sometimes it's good to be lucky!" :wink:

3/4 watt

There are two lengths of wire. Two short and just right.

Electricity is not racists. It will flow on any color of wire. It's us electricians that are racists. We like to separate the different colors of wire and group them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.