GE Panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdsmith

.. Followed by Crouse Hinds main breakers (total service change at that point)...

Where do you find these Crouse Hinds main breakers? We have some Crouse D2PB Class 1 Div 2 panels and those branch circuit breakers have a reputation of never tripping. Did Crouse make non-hazardous location stuff or where did you run across a number of them?

romba_one

Where do you find these Crouse Hinds main breakers? We have some Crouse D2PB Class 1 Div 2 panels and those branch circuit breakers have a reputation of never tripping. Did Crouse make non-hazardous location stuff or where did you run across a number of them?

The Crouse Hinds 100 amp main breaker I'm refering to was commonly used as a part of 100 amp 120/240 "single phase" residential and small commercial service panels (20 circuit). In Milwaukee where I work, and near by areas we see a number of homes where these were installed in the 1970's through 1980's. When they get turned off, some of them can not be turned back on. It's an internal problem in the breaker; the handle flips to the 'on' position, without power being restored, or the handle will not hold in the 'ON' position. I should look to see if the 100 amp 2 pole Crouse Hinds is "SWD" rated. Or for that matter any of the Crouse Hinds older stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.