green wire nut

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetlag

If you think the mechanics behind a receptacle backstab and a 'Wago' spring connector are the same, then you are sadly under-informed. Take the time to read both technical reports and testing standards for spring connectors.

While, I have no problem with the performance of spring connectors, I do view them as simply one of several acceptable methods.

when they dropped the recep back stab to #14 that told me right then there were problems and the backstab was no longer trusted for 20 amp only 15 , what about the people that back stabbed the # 12 because we were told it is approved ? I dont mind a light fixture on a push in but I hate to fed very many can lights passing through the the same push in's . I think its a cute fade that will pass when enough failures get reported . Any thing that a conducter can spin around in that easily cant be tight , the spring just jams it so it cant pull out. Pull out and tight are not the same thing . this is push in class room 101

Last edited:

Jim W in Tampa

when they dropped the recep back stab to #14 that told me right then there were problems and the backstab was no longer trusted for 20 amp only 15 , what about the people that back stabbed the # 12 because we were told it is approved ? I dont mind a light fixture on a push in but I hate to fed very many can lights passing through the the same push in's . I think its a cute fade that will pass when enough failures get reported . Any thing that a conducter can spin around in that easily cant be tight , the spring just jams it so it cant pull out. Pull out and tight are not the same thing . this is push in class room 101

I think his intensions are good but he is not the electrician in the field faceing the failures.
Unless your in a huge company any failures in your workmanship usually fall right back in your own hands. When they fail watch how quick the blame lands onto the crew leader and not the helper or office help.

Jim W in Tampa

Would be fun to load up a #12 with about 10 of them in series and a heavy load and aim heat senser gun at them. I have used them on recess cans and just hope they keep working.

Status
Not open for further replies.