Harmless practical jokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mule

Well , let's see. Where I work , don't ever take you're hard hat off and set it down . Somebody will put an inch or so of water in it . Not such a bad thing in the summer though .

We were changing out some 20kv feeder breakers , and one of the relay guys was prepping some control cables for termination . One of the wise ass substation mechanics had taken some short pieces of 12/c-10 and pushed them down into a spare conduit . The Relayman stripped the cables and got upset because they weren't numbered . He started bitching out the mechanics for not numbering the cables when they pulled them . The culprit then walked over and pulled the dummy cables out and dropped them at his feet . Boy , was he pissed ! :D

One last story comes from the company garage . Two mechanics were engaged in a prank war . The story goes ,that one of the guys took a can of expandable foam and stuck the nozzle in the slighly opened cover of the other guys rollaround tool box . He filled the box and latched the cover closed . Supposedly took two days for the mechanic to dig the foam out of all of the sockets and other tools .

This is funny stuff dude, and Im not a moderator, but profanity is not allowed on this forum, and frankly Im glad., nothing personal ...FWIW

garrcass

my frends son

my frends son

my old bosses son Justin got expelled from school. me and my friend Evan His older brother where putting together ceiling fans. we had 8 to do in the main area of this big church it had 50ft+ ceilings or more. well he was supposed to be helping us but was just pestering and throwing stuff at us. so we cornered him and hog tied him with zip ties and duct tape. put him in the scissor lift ran it up to the ceiling and turned it off. and went to lunch by the time we came back he was ready to help :grin:

byourdesky

One that I like to do is lay a silent but deadly fart and then call someone into the room and sniff around and ask them if they smell the electrical fire.....they sniff real deep and that is usually followed by a "Oh god what is that?" :D

brian john

At lunch time some apprentices filled my hard hat with drywall dust, Needless to say I was covered and sneezing.

We have a short guy that can be an aggravating PIA, we use to stick his tools UP high where he could not get them and set his seat back in his truck

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I was pulling wires w/ my old bossman one day.

He grabbed a set of wires in his hand, then jumped back with a grimace, and screamed "oh it got me!"

I asked what he was talking about; he said he just got shocked.

I freaked, and started off to find where these wires were getting energized.

Then I remembered this new building didn't even have a service on it yet.

Turned around to see him getting a good laugh.

djohns6

This is funny stuff dude, and Im not a moderator, but profanity is not allowed on this forum, and frankly Im glad., nothing personal ...FWIW
If you found my post to be so offensive , why did you quote it in it's entirety ? For that matter , a private message would have been more " grown up " .

Just a few that pop to mind:

A variation on the wire stretcher- I had an apprentice who needed to drill a hole through a masonary wall behind a unit heater. He couldn't figure out how he was going to get the hole lined up w/ the heater in the way so I sent out to get the offset drill bits.

Getting a three way switch and rearranging the screws makes for some entertaining troubleshooting.

We were working finishing up a fueling station and the painters were there. One of the painters was talking about the paint on the columns and how it generated heat when it was drying. One of my coworkers was convinced to put his hand near the column to feel the heat and the painter quickly mashed his hand into the wet paint.

I had a machinist tell me that their tried and true is having the apprentice go around looking for the aluminum magnet.

As an aside I remember being told to look for the wire stretcher. I went to look for it assuming it was a nickname for some other piece of equipment, not something that literally stretched wire.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Getting a three way switch and rearranging the screws makes for some entertaining troubleshooting.
Now, that's funny, and it can be dangerous. :cool:

One of my coworkers was convinced to put his hand near the column to feel the heat and the painter quickly mashed his hand into the wet paint.
He should have touched the painter's face next.

Mule

If you found my post to be so offensive , why did you quote it in it's entirety ? For that matter , a private message would have been more " grown up " .

My reply was polite, and I didnt say anything about being offended. I was just stating the facts about the forum rules. No profanity, and your post was full of it. And "YES" I am glad its that way... Take it up with a Moderator if you want, they will tell you the same thing....And with your response, my hunch is that a PM would not have been recieved well with you either. Now that your name calling.....Kinda tells me who Im dealing with....and I certainly would not call it grown up, as you put it...

geez......."No good deed, goes unpunished"..................:rolleyes:

ohmhead

halloween contest

halloween contest

Well we work on some pretty large projects and ride in on a bus to the site sometimes from the parking lot area for security to site .We told a new helper that we all dress up for halloween each year and if ya dress up they give ya the day off with pay but you have to come to work and show your costume .Well this helper comes to work dressed as a clown with the bigg shoes a rented clown outfit . Needless to say the Iron Workers on the bus were just amazed this guy had the guts to just get on the bus . we all had to explain this and we got the day off. best to ya

djohns6

My reply was polite, and I didnt say anything about being offended. I was just stating the facts about the forum rules. No profanity, and your post was full of it. And "YES" I am glad its that way... Take it up with a Moderator if you want, they will tell you the same thing....And with your response, my hunch is that a PM would not have been recieved well with you either. Now that your name calling.....Kinda tells me who Im dealing with....and I certainly would not call it grown up, as you put it...

geez......."No good deed, goes unpunished"..................:rolleyes:

My response to this sillyness is this . I did not call you any names .
A PM would have been much more appropriate and " mature " . As for my post being " full of profanity " , there were three words out of three paragraphs that could be considered objectionable to some . Since , as you stated , you are NOT a moderator , I have nothing further to discuss with you .

To all moderators and members , forgive my crude language and rest assured it will not happen again .

Mule

My response to this sillyness is this . I did not call you any names .
A PM would have been much more appropriate and " mature " . As for my post being " full of profanity " , there were three words out of three paragraphs that could be considered objectionable to some . Since , as you stated , you are NOT a moderator , I have nothing further to discuss with you .

To all moderators and members , forgive my crude language and rest assured it will not happen again .

guess this my new names.....

signed....Silly, Not mature, and un-appropiate....:D

This reminds me of Iwire telling me Im too sensitive...:smile:

sniff sniff, where's my hanky

Mr.Sparkle

We used to turn on their wipers, radio, heat/AC fan, everything that would come on with the key.

Much fun to watch at the end of the day. :D

HVAC guy I know snuck into a partners van after work & poured an entire bottle of baby powder down the defroster, cleaned the dash and engaged the defroster for startup......I didn't see the result but I am sure it was epic.

For revenge powder guy hid a dead fish in the coworkers dashboard.....

That is sadistic........I LOVE IT!

Mule

HVAC guy I know snuck into a partners van after work & poured an entire bottle of baby powder down the defroster, cleaned the dash and engaged the defroster for startup......I didn't see the result but I am sure it was epic.

For revenge powder guy hid a dead fish in the coworkers dashboard.....

That is sadistic........I LOVE IT!

The three way screws..takes the cake IMO.....It would catch me for sure...I'd be scratch'n my rear trying to figure that out......:grin:

izak

uhm....

I for one would like to know where in the post being discussed is anything like "profanity"??

i have gone back to it 3 times now, and cannot find ANYTHING offensive

forum rules are one thing, but being like a little kid in the first grade running to teacher when someone says 'fart' is another

grow up

iwire

Staff member
I for one would like to know where in the post being discussed is anything like "profanity"??

It is not up to you to decide, Mule was correct.

To all,

I think a reminder once in a while is needed.

The person who pays the bills here is a religious man and one that does not appreciate off color language, so please keep that in mind when posting.

No bathroom jokes, no sexist comments, no "WTF"s, no slipping a couple of 'Xs' into a word to 'hide it'.....

'When the Shxx hits the fan'

We all still know what it says, please find a better way to express yourself.

Keep it entirely G rated.

I once asked the members to post here like they would talk to their Mom.....a member quickly pointed out his mother had heard it all...

So I guess I should ask you to post like your talking to Mike H. directly.

This is not a construction site, lets not act like it is.

Thanks, Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.