how much

Status
Not open for further replies.

emahler

tallgirl said:
It can make perfect sense --

You have 5 employees. On average, all 5 have work 18 out of 21 working days per month. That means you've got 15 person-days per month that you either eat, or you find a way to collect some revenue. So long as your revenue exceeds your materials and fixed expenses, you win. If a service upgrade takes 2 person days and costs you (say) $500 in material, you make $500 each time you "sell" one of the 7 service upgrade time splots you've got each month.

So long as you don't cannibalize your main business, this is a win.

i tend to think that is the idea....they appear to be primarily a commercial/industrial company. could be done for training purposes..

celtic

emahler said:
i got a spare one laying around...you got their number? ;)
Sure, but since this is one of my repeat customers, it'll cost you a Pecan Pie from Delicious Orchards :smile:

....hmmmm...while waiting for the "60 second rule" it occured to me I have been charging people all wrong ~ I was much happier charging family food than strangers money :D

celtic

HOUSTON...we have a problem....over.
Double posting a result of some "internal error"...trying to replicate it...over

celtic

This is a test and only a test, if this had been the real McCoy things would be different...at least we hope so!

emahler

hey i'm an electrical contractor...i can't afford a pecan pie from delicious orchards:)

they are <5 mins from me....their orchard is <2 mins from me...how 'bout I steal some apples and you can make an apple pie from them? :)

celtic

How about you use some mad electrical skills (I know you have them even if you don't use them LOL) and make it "dark" at DO....no one will see you slip in and out with an armload of goodies for me :D :D :D

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
celtic said:
How about you use some mad electrical skills (I know you have them even if you don't use them LOL) and make it "dark" at DO....no one will see you slip in and out with an armload of goodies for me :D :D :D

While you're at it, grab me a few apple cider donuts.

celtic

ALL OF THEM...if they are up, put 'em down...if they are down, put 'em up.

With such a well thought out plan...what could go wrong?

LMAO

emahler

celtic said:
ALL OF THEM...if they are up, put 'em down...if they are down, put 'em up.

With such a well thought out plan...what could go wrong?

LMAO

Got Bail?

on my way now...they'll never know what hit'em....you don't think they have windows there do you?

celtic

LOL
got_bail.jpg

Convict: What you in for homie?
emahler: B&E my brother
Convict: Dam homes, you musta got something good to be in here with us...
emahler: Yea...I got goodies..fresh goodies..
Convict: Yo Yo Yo (to convict #2) fresh meat got fresh goodies...
Convict #2: Yo Home Slice...what's popping?
emahler: Chillin' ...waiting for my day
Convict: I hear that...
Convict #2: Word...
emahler: (Thinking to himself....I'm gonna kill that Celtic SOB just as soon as I get outta here)

Last edited:

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
mark32 said:
That's funny stuff Celtic, what part of NJ are you in?

He's in the part of New Jersey that's actually New York.

Don't let him fool you -- everything north of Camden is actually New York.

Looks like New York, smells like New York, probably even tastes like New York.

celtic said:
That's not to say they couldn't "buy" a license from somebody looking to make a few bucks and have an impressive no-show title.

They really wouldn't even have to do that. If they have the license it makes perfect sense to maximize the revenue which can be generated by that license.

The airlines are a perfect example of this -- they start the flights off on advanced purchase tickets, then crank the fare up for anyone who didn't get in during the 2 week or whatever advance purchase window (typically business travelers), then drop the fares for stand-bys and last minute upgrades to first class to finish filling up the plane.

emahler

celtic said:
LOL
got_bail.jpg

Convict: What you in for homie?
emahler: B&E my brother
Convict: Dam homes, you musta got something good to be in here with us...
emahler: Yea...I got goodies..fresh goodies..
Convict: Yo Yo Yo (to convict #2) fresh meat got fresh goodies...
Convict #2: Yo Home Slice...what's popping?
emahler: Chillin' ...waiting for my day
Convict: I hear that...
Convict #2: Word...
emahler: (Thinking to himself....I'm gonna kill that Celtic SOB just as soon as I get outta here)

i ain't going through that again :)

celtic

mark32 said:
That's funny stuff Celtic, what part of NJ are you in?

Let's just say...assuming you ever seen the Soprano's ...I know every place in the opening scenes :wink:

celtic

tallgirl said:
They really wouldn't even have to do that. If they have the license it makes perfect sense to maximize the revenue which can be generated by that license.
In NJ, you MUST have an EC license someplace within the organization.

The owner of the EC outfit...say for example EMCOR, which owns Forest Electric (and other outfits)...is a corporation. The people running the show are businessmen NOT electricians...but they still need a license & business permit to operate.

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
celtic said:
In NJ, you MUST have an EC license someplace within the organization.

The owner of the EC outfit...say for example EMCOR, which owns Forest Electric (and other outfits)...is a corporation. The people running the show are businessmen NOT electricians...but they still need a license & business permit to operate.

I think we're talking cross-purpose.

I agree they have to have a license. Obviously. I took your comment about renting a license to mean that no self-respecting business which had a license would do what the peeps on eBay are doing. My response was that a self-respecting business with a sound understanding of marginal costs and marginal profits would do precisely that.

More betterly clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.