I disagree with George

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Dennis Alwon said:
I see posts that I would stop in a heartbeat and the mods let them go.
Seriously, I personally have a half hour in the morning, and at most an hour or two usually in the evening to check in on the forum. In the twelve hours in between, there are usually a hundred active threads. I try to read as much as I can, but there's a lot that can go unseen. If you see something you think should have gone and didn't, chances are it didn't get seen.

The
report.gif
button on every post sends an email to all moderators to get their attention to a post.

mdshunk

How about a short song? Seems like some people could use a song. This song from 'Barney and Friends' comes to mind:

I love you
You love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug
And a kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me too?

I love you
You love me
We're best friends
Like friends should be
With a great big hug

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
mdshunk said:
How about a short song? Seems like some people could use a song. This song from 'Barney and Friends' comes to mind:

I love you
You love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug

I love you
You love me
We're best friends
Like friends should be
With a great big hug

Marc you need to be censored !!!!

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
georgestolz said:
In not so distant memory, I used my position as moderator to quell personal attacks against you, I would think you would understand the position I have been placed in. I imagine you probably understand, but don't really care. That's your choice.

I immediately posted a reply to that thread, explaining my action and the reasoning behind it. Otherwise, you wouldn't have had a clue whose name to attach to the title of this public thread. I don't see what a PM would have accomplished that the public message didn't get across to the forum at large and the involved parties in particular.

I am amazed that thread has been started in public to decry my lack of PM'ing, I'm still trying to figure that out. I hope I have made myself clear.

I guess ones word is only as good as thier credibility.

I can tell you that I was about 50% sure that the post would be removed...because of who was involved.

My father taught me to always stick to my thoughts until someone else is able to prove me wrong. Yet, I did not think I was overly excessive. My response was in anger and I was to the point, anger because the comments that have been made are over a period of time, not just from the one post.

iwire

Staff member
MAK said:
Sometimes censorship does not do the job

It has here for as long as this forum has been around, and you agreed to those rules before posting.

There is no right of free speech here, there never has been.

We are glad to have all the members here, we are happy to have them participate, as long as the discussion remains within the rules everything is fine. Yes....that means the moderators have make judgments.

electricmanscott

iwire said:
It has here for as long as this forum has been around, and you agreed to those rules before posting.

There is no right of free speech here, there never has been.

We are glad to have all the members here, we are happy to have them participate, as long as the discussion remains within the rules everything is fine. Yes....that means the moderators have make judgments.

It really is that simple folks.
There are other forums where you can yell, swear, antagonize, threaten, ridicule, and on and on. Just as you are free to join those forums, you are free to leave this one.

As my father used to say when I cried and whined about the "the rules" ...there are no bars on the windows.

cschmid

wow never knew this was a George bashing thread..I thought it was a good thing to be censored here..wow I just wanted to thank the moderators for their effort on this site..Thank You..enough sucking up I got my 1/50 of a dollar in..No I did not get permission to use that so I guess I plagiarized it..wait I think I gleaned that from reading stuff and can use it in another post..

electricman2

Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
electricmanscott said:
There are other forums where you can yell, swear, antagonize, threaten, ridicule, and on and on.

How true. Just recently I thought about joining a forum for Honda owners. That idea went away after I looked at a few threads. I saw that joining would lower me to the gutter level they were in. We should be thankful our moderators do such a good job keeping this one on a professional level.:)

Interesting thread.........

Just replace "Inspectors" for Moderators and "EC" for those questioning the actions of the Moderators and you have the same "discussions" for a lot of EC vs. Inspector comments that takes place here.

"If you write it, cite it" Keeping it professional in both cases..........

If you cite the "we can remove a post for any or no reason" as a moderator, then you have no right to complain if the inspector cites "90.4, AHJ has right to interperet any rule" as their reason for red tagging your work, IMO.

Curious George
I have not read all of the rules for the forum, but it would seem that one of the rules for the forum is that they can remove a post for whatever reason they care to.

Since this is a Private website, the owner can set whatever rules he cares to. You agree to the rules to be able to participate in the bantering, and you are then obligated to follow those rules or suffer the consequences.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
mdshunk said:

I love you
You love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug

I love you
You love me
We're best friends
Like friends should be
With a great big hug

I was such a happy parent when I found out that neither of my children liked that show.:D

dlhoule

Pierre C Belarge said:
Curious George
I have not read all of the rules for the forum, but it would seem that one of the rules for the forum is that they can remove a post for whatever reason they care to.

Since this is a Private website, the owner can set whatever rules he cares to. You agree to the rules to be able to participate in the bantering, and you are then obligated to follow those rules or suffer the consequences.[/quote]

As long as those consequences don't involve physical pain, I can live with them. Mostly the moderators do a great job, but most everyone here enlightens me one way or another. :smile: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.