If You Where The Inspector

Status
Not open for further replies.

mthead

If you were the inspector

If you were the inspector

a better question re ; reusing the breakers is do those who are arguing in favor reusing these breakers tell the h/owner at all that this is what you plan to include in what they think is a soup to nuts "new "service install or upgrade?
Just raise your hands please.

mthead said:
a better question re ; reusing the breakers is do those who are arguing in favor reusing these breakers tell the h/owner at all that this is what you plan to include in what they think is a soup to nuts "new "service install or upgrade?
Just raise your hands please.

That is a good question.
I wonder how many ECs who are installing upgrades or new services and are reusing breakers tell the customer they are doing so?

As far as the business end of any inspection, it is generally not an inspectors concern...unless the EC or the person being sold the goods calls us. The answer I usually give for these calls is different for each entity.

Consumer:
I tell them to call Consumer Affairs of the County.

EC
We try to stay clear of the mess, as we usually get bit somehow.

sandsnow said:
Do you have a copy of my performance objectives? Is there some dark overlord of all inspectors I am unaware of?

How do all these people know what my duties are?

It has nothing to do with my 'tasks" as an inspector. It has to do with being a citizen and reporting a crime.

I would bet $'s to doughnuts that evaluating the value of the Contract is not one of your official responsibilities.

The duties of an inspector are part of public record.

I have suggested a proper and LEGAL way of reporting a SUSPECTED misdemeanor. Denying the permit on that basis would be an abuse of your authority and in fact a misdemeanor itself with the likely possibility of loosing your job.

But hey, what do I care, if you don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.