Legal or not? Spot The Violation, Monday Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
I believe that 300.4 does require physical protection by itself and that A through G identifies how this protection is accomplished in specific situations. If the first statement of 300.4 was meant to only apply to the imediately following articles it would say "as specified in 300.4(A) through (G)" as it does in numerous other articles when that is the intent.

Well said.

mxslick

I believe that 300.4 does require physical protection by itself and that A through G identifies how this protection is accomplished in specific situations. If the first statement of 300.4 was meant to only apply to the imediately following articles it would say "as specified in 300.4(A) through (G)" as it does in numerous other articles when that is the intent.

Finally, someone who sees the light!! A thousand thanks and a case of your favorite beverage for cutting through the fat to the meat of the issue. :grin:

Only took us 8 pages to get to it though... :grin:

jetlag

Well said but we can sit here and argue all day about where physical damage goes from " almost never" to "very unlikely" to "unlikely" to "possible" to ''I doubt it" to "good chance" to "strong possibility" to "probably will happen" to
"will happen for sure" . No 2 inspectors have to agree either. I hate to say it because if I think its likely to happen I will protect the wires, but I dont think its right for the AhJ to flag it on 300.4 alone if not specified in A thru G . But the AHJ can do that, I guess we have a right to challenge it . . You can bet if something has not been added to code it hasnt been reported as causing problems very much. Dont get me wrong I would never do the install in this post . I just dont believe and ahj should flag it excep for some of the cables and not stapled 12 '' from box all of the cables on the osb within 1 1/4 from edge of stud would fail . the 1 1/4 is a radius from edge of stud not just what is stapled to the stud or plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.