Leviton to disconnetinue Ivory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minuteman

The manager of a large Wholesaler told me today that Leviton is going to discontinue Ivory devices and wall plates. He said that all locations of their supply houses are packing up their remaining stock and shipping them back to the warehouse. He said that he has increased his supply of Light Almond.

I know that some of y'all have said how much you prefer P&S, I wonder if this is a beginning of a trend?

360Youth

Minuteman said:
The manager of a large Wholesaler told me today that Leviton is going to discontinue Ivory devices and wall plates. He said that all locations of their supply houses are packing up their remaining stock and shipping them back to the warehouse. He said that he has increased his supply of Light Almond.

I know that some of y'all have said how much you prefer P&S, I wonder if this is a beginning of a trend?

I never did like ivory. :grin:

peter d

How stupid. There are still billions of ivory devices in use that will need to be replaced, and not everyone is going to buy an entire color upgrade for one bad outlet or switch. Maybe Cooper and P&S will fill the void with ivory if Leviton won't.

frizbeedog

peter d said:
How stupid. There are still billions of ivory devices in use that will need to be replaced, and not everyone is going to buy an entire color upgrade for one bad outlet or switch. Maybe Cooper and P&S will fill the void with ivory if Leviton won't.

Sorry ma'am. They don't make ivory anymore. I can upgrade your house to white for a small fee.

:smile:

peter d

frizbeedog said:
Sorry ma'am. They don't make ivory anymore. I can upgrade your house to white for a small fee.

:smile:

Well or course it will benefit many EC's and I'm not complaining about that...but I think the almond stuff looks like junk.

peter d

I suppose it doesn't matter anyway...as I stated in another thread 95% or more new work here is white devices....only the occasional oddball job specs ivory.

frizbeedog

Minuteman said:
....I wonder if this is a beginning of a trend?

A trend of phasing out a color or style that many might consider undesireable?

Surely this type of thing has happend before in our trade.

And years from now on an electrical forum when we are all dead and gone some guy will start a thread:

"Does anyone know of a good place to buy those vintage ivory devices for a restoration project I'm working on?"

Minuteman

frizbeedog said:
A trend of phasing out a color or style that many might consider undesireable?

Surely this type of thing has happend before in our trade.

And years from now on an electrical forum when we are all dead and gone some guy will start a thread:

"Does anyone know of a good place to buy those vintage ivory devices for a restoration project I'm working on?"
Yeah, I should have bought a ton of ivory today. :roll:

Last edited:

ultramegabob

in commercial kitchens I use white, and alot of my commercial tenant spaces use gray. Personally, I like the looks of light almond, Ivory clashes with about everything.

wireguru

480sparky said:
I think they should get rid of brown first.....

i used a bunch of brown a couple years ago when i built my home theater. it was an ultramodern style and a couple walls were a dark chocolate brown. even bought and some nice brown lutron dimmers :grin:

quogueelectric

wireguru said:
i used a bunch of brown a couple years ago when i built my home theater. it was an ultramodern style and a couple walls were a dark chocolate brown. even bought and some nice brown lutron dimmers :grin:
50 yrs ago it was brown outlets with a white plate. We are reinventing the wheel here.

Status
Not open for further replies.