Leviton to disconnetinue Ivory

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireguru

quogueelectric said:
I like Almond I stock all 3 white, ivory, almond on my truck

yeah but do you have a 12 gang switch plate, ivory, the kind with the vertical grooves in it?

norcal

a
wireguru said:
yeah but do you have a 12 gang switch plate, ivory, the kind with the vertical grooves in it?

You talking about the old Sierra Electric "Decorater" plate? Last job I saw done w/ them new was built in 1976, good riddance to them I say.:D

Pullnwire

Occupation
Electrician, Business Owner, SME and Trade Instructor
"Does anyone know of a good place to buy those vintage ivory devices for a restoration project I'm working on?"[/QUOTE]

I have a pallet of ivory devices stockpiled for that day. I can almost smell the money.....:wink:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor

Minuteman

ps_cheetah.jpg

I have not installed any Cheetah products yet. They say they install without screws.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
electricalperson said:
i like ivory:rolleyes:

I'm with you. It's not that I like ivory. It's that a lot of homes here use a lot of natural wood products. Almond is a bit too light for that. Have any of you ever wired a log home. White really clashes with the rustic nature of the logs. Unless the designer chooses a dark stain on the wood black or brown are out.

So are we going the way of communisim or something
" YOU WILL USE WHITE or ALMOND" :mad:
I remember the days when they charged extra for White..........:roll:

norcal said:
a

You talking about the old Sierra Electric "Decorater" plate? Last job I saw done w/ them new was built in 1976, good riddance to them I say.:D
HEY! I happen to like those, and I have them all over my house (Built in the mid 70's). I wish I could find them, or something like them, that was cost effective to cover the large and off shape holes my brother left around every electrical connection when he partially remodeled the basement.

edit to add: I just stumbled on that website wireguru mentioned...now I'm thinking it's time to update the rest of the house...:)

Last edited:

growler

Minuteman said:
The manager of a large Wholesaler told me today that Leviton is going to discontinue Ivory devices and wall plates.

I like the way the Cooper GFCI receptacles look and work better than Leviton. So I just switched to useing all of the Cooper devices & cover plates so they will match.

A few years ago Leviton made a bad run of GFCI receptacles and I ended up having to change out a few for free. If they hadn't done that I would probably still be useing Leviton. I also got a bunch of bad 3-way switches from Leviton.

Someone will allways make an ivory so finding replacement devices should not be that difficult.

cschmid

to tell the truth I doubt they are going to eliminate anything..you will just have to order the odd stuff just like now..so they make it odd stuff and charge more..that is all it is probably about..

So are we going the way of communism or something
" YOU WILL USE WHITE or ALMOND"
I remember the days when they charged extra for White..........

I stock white, almond, ivory, brown, and have some other odds and ends..I do not stock any on trucks..I would like to get down to one common one..so yep headed for communism my way or the highway...:grin: :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.