Mondays Photo : Violations Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

OK, here's one with a little meat to it. I started a house makeover today, and some other EC had started rewiring it. This is the panel as I found it. I can't tell much more than what's in the photo because it's in the basement and there's no light down there, so I couldn't see anything at all.

VIII.jpg

This is a reduced and trimmed copy of the original, so those with dial-up don't have to wait 5 minutes to see the 2304 x 3072 pixel original. The original can be seen by clicking here.

peter d

It looks a little sketchy. The orange extension cord is obviously a problem.

But I've seen much worse. At least it's EMT and the wires can be pulled out and redone.

(So yeah, maybe you Chicago guys have a point. :D)

cschmid

well at-least they spaced it off the wall..to bad it does not clear the stud face. you get some free wire nuts with a built in shelf..the wire nut ads some personality to the panel.. the grounds are effective too..

cadpoint

The Organge matchs the Red of the Red/Yellow wire nuts ?

lol, I was going to ask is that the new color ? But do tell them to buy a dehumidifier ...

Last edited:

cschmid

homeline you get what you pay for.. I have seen all to often in a homeline a breaker tripped and no handle movement had to take dmm to find bad breaker..you know proper labeling and everything..

RUWired

I spy a violation with the GEC.It should be attached where the connection is made when a screw is used to make the connection.When its a wire or bar its allowed to go either the ground bar or neutral bar.(250.24(A)4).
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.