Mondays Photo : Violations Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

JohnJ0906 said:
I don't see a bond screw, or a bonding jumper. This is the sevice panel, right?

Yep.. this is the service. I couldn't see any bonding either, so the grounds that are there are only connected to the ground rod.

RUWired

I spy another violation.Besides 250.24(A)4 previously noted, i see the GEC is spliced without an approved connector.

TOOL_5150

mdshunk said:
Too bad it's a Homeline panel. I hate to see what could be a future good installation defiled with junk equipment.

HAHAHA! My thought exactly! I saw it was Square D and got all excited, then I noticed the homeline breaker on the jar of yellows and reds... then realized the panel is a homeline. I got a 16/32 QO panel that I will be upgrading in my house some time soon to a 40/40 QO.

~Matt

wavector

I guessing that there is no bond to the cold water and if the water meter is inside there is no jumper to the main water pipe. I'm also assuming there is no water heater bond either, or it could be gas, but the pipe still needs a bond (especially the hot water side, cold water side is usually bonded at the entrance if used for a GEC). Is all of the overcurrent protection correct for wire sizes? I see sharp bends in one of the branch circuit wires (red on the left). If the flooding problem isn't rectified, then the power may need to be turned off and temporary power set up outside. Is there a sump pump and is it working? There should be lights installed in the basement along with a smoke detector above the panel and elsewhere if they are not already there (and they should be interconnected). Are the recepts in the basement GFCI?

Dwelling Units
210.8 Ground-Fault Protection
(A) Dwelling Units.

(5) Unfinished Basement Receptacles. GFCI protection is required for all 15A and 20A, 125V receptacles in each unfinished portion of a basement not intended as a habitable room, but used for storage or as a work area. Figure 14

Exception No. 1: GFCI protection is not required for receptacles that are not readily accessible.

Exception No. 2: GFCI protection is not required for a receptacle on a dedicated branch circuit located and identified for a specific cord-and-plug-connected appliance, such as a sump pump.

I'm sure the violations go on and on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.