Paint spray on busbars

Status
Not open for further replies.

allenwayne

What amazes me is the total disregard for other trades work in this painting buss bar scenario.We install cardboard from the box the panel comes in everytime they are installed,but it seems sometime between our install and trim out someone feels it necessary to remove the cardboard and throw it out.Now comes the drywaller, the finisher, the painter and they just cover the interior of the panel or meter base with drywall mud or paint.I`ve had superintendants say well just clean it and do your thing.My answer is are you going to pay for the cleaning ??? We didn`t paint it and why should we have to clean it if we didn`t paint it.Call the drywall finisher or painter and have it done.As long as they don`t use a chemical to clean it there is no problem.

Sprayed drywall texture comes off with water so I don`t see a problem with that being cleaned but paint even water based won`t get cleaned without a solvent of some sort.I don`t have an exact figure of back charges over the past several years in regards to this but I bet it is in the 5 digits.

Another problem I have found is we are called to trim out a house and do so.But after we are done the GC calls for drywall punch out and then paint punch out.Now we have done our part but one of these trades seems it is necessary to remove our vanity strips to do the punch out and just leaves them on the counter top (usually with parts missing )Then the GC calls and says hey you need to reinstall the lights.When I say ok sign this PO to reinstall them they look like I have 2 heads..... PO why ???? DUHHHHHHH well they were already installed do you think we do our work for free ????

There are several painting contractors here that cring when they hear my name,to bad guys is all I can say do your job and don`t damage what we install and all is good.After all if we screw up and a wire is missed and we have to cut drywall we get back charged.The stuff rolls down hill.

hardworkingstiff

dcspector said:
I have recently relocated here from the midwest and I am still going thru a "cultural shock" ...
Greg

I grew up in Va. Beach, relocated to Winchester VA. from 1990 to 1995. During that time I had to get a permit in DC to do some work at a gas station (the permit for the fuel piping). I tried for 2 weeks to get info and the permit started. Got no where. Just kept getting the run around.

The owner told me to meet him one day in DC. We went to three different offices, he kept mentioning a persons name and we would get a nod of approval and sent to the next office. In just an hour or so I had my permit. He said he just spent $3,000 to get this permit (I never saw any money changing hands). Mentioning that name got it through the red tape.

I sure hope things have changed some since then.

dcspector

Pierre.......I have it shipped in from Ky....jus kiddin

Hardworkingstiff......that would have to be DCRA.....It is tough to deal with but just keep knockin on the door.....I am still learnin the "DC way" but I love it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.