Personal announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering in what specific topic would this belong to. NEC, Hazardous Locations?:lol:

Nearly three weeks ago I was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. A 6cm mass on the right upper lobe and some limph nodes appear to be involved. Had several diferent exams, but the data so far is insufficient for a definitive diagnosis and treatment plan. Monday a PET scan and Tuesday the second visit with the oncologist at MD Anderson on Houston(Sugarland).

I am prepared - I think - to accept whatever the outcome is, but certainly will try to follow all possible curative avenues. As I believe that prayers and good thoughts can garner help that would otherwise be unavailable, I ask all of you if you find it in your heart to offer those.

I just extended my work situation - instead of retiring last August - and I will try to stick around and keep busy. (I am also sure MD Anderson will keep me busy....)

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Just a little under one year ago I was knocking at death's door. I am convinced that the prayers and thought of others played an important part and joined with some great medical folks effort that allowed me to be here today.
I offer my sincere best wishes for a quick resolution and recovery and have no doubt my prayers for you will be joined by many others.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Laszlo, my prayers and best wishes as well.

Roger

mivey

My prayers and thoughts are with you. You are also in good hands at MD Anderson as they are tops and will show you the best route for recovery.

dicklaxt

Well chit thats a tough bit of news ,sounds as if your attitude is great.I'm only a few minutes away from Sugarland Methodist if you need and want some support. I could drag my 24/7 o2 with me and we could argue and play cards,tell lies etc.

dick

JDB3

Great attitude on your part. We had a young lady from our church go to M D in Houston to have an operation because of a cancerous growth. She was to be there for a month or so. She was back the following week. Upon their exam, NOTHING was there. Always believe in the power of HIS healing to all.

jeremysterling

Hey Laszlo, that's scary sounding. On the positive side, Houston has the world's best cancer surgeons. You can trust those doctors to get the mass, if that's what's needed. Whatever path this journey takes you on: LIVESTRONG!

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
Sounds like you have a positive attitude which i believe is 90% of the solution.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I was wondering in what specific topic would this belong to. NEC, Hazardous Locations?:lol:

Nearly three weeks ago I was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer. A 6cm mass on the right upper lobe and some limph nodes appear to be involved. Had several diferent exams, but the data so far is insufficient for a definitive diagnosis and treatment plan. Monday a PET scan and Tuesday the second visit with the oncologist at MD Anderson on Houston(Sugarland).

I am prepared - I think - to accept whatever the outcome is, but certainly will try to follow all possible curative avenues. As I believe that prayers and good thoughts can garner help that would otherwise be unavailable, I ask all of you if you find it in your heart to offer those.

I just extended my work situation - instead of retiring last August - and I will try to stick around and keep busy. (I am also sure MD Anderson will keep me busy....)

You are in my family's prayers Laszlo, be strong and never give up,God bless you.

Besoeker

Hi Laszlo

I'm so sorry to hear of your news. And I'm sorry that I can't offer words that might make you feel less anxious. I just wish I could.
The insufficient for a definitive diagnosis........both hope and despair...not knowing....
I've kinda been there. Tests, bad results, a high probability of cancer, and a whole roller-coaster of emotions.
I feel for you.

Riograndeelectric

Lazlo. my prayers are with you . I know this is a tough time for you but hang in there I have no doubt Doctors and prayers will heal you.
:):):):)
I know what you are going through. I have inoperable Melanoma cancer I have had 4 surgery's in last 3 years to remove the cancer in different area areas. I have a small spot about the size of a 50 cent piece in my right lung. I just finished radiation for the lung.

Cameron

Status
Not open for further replies.