Pics of quality craftsmanship

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

You mean this one? :grin:

ultimatese1.jpg

Oh, sorry. That's SER.

What kind of abortion....err...I mean installation is that? Even that is below my already low standards. :D

peter d

You think a landlord that went to the trouble to get separate meters is going to keep one furnace? :D

Just trying to reverse engineer the job is all. Are they metering individual rooms? The building doesn't look big enough for that many apartments based on the number of meters. I would imagine an 8/3 or 6/3 would suffice for a single room. :confused:

cirving

Long time lurker, first time poster. Here a few pics of some jobs I have done in the past

Control panels at a factory with wireway leaving them feeding power, data and control wiring.
work2.jpg

Wireway from underneath
work1.jpg

Switchgear at a hospital chiller plant, everything fed from the slab
work3.jpg

Switchgear (2 5000 amp services)
work4.jpg

wireman

Inactive, Email Never Verified
Killer pipe? I'm pretty sure someone got killed after they installed this:

piperackfromhell.jpg

Not sure why someone would be killed???? This certainly is a lot of small pipe, but with the derating rules about more than 3 wires in a conduit and pipe runs being called out on the prints what's a guy to do?

Long time lurker, first time poster. Here a few pics of some jobs I have done in the past

Control panels at a factory with wireway leaving them feeding power, data and control wiring.

Wireway from underneath

Switchgear at a hospital chiller plant, everything fed from the slab

Switchgear (2 5000 amp services)
work4.jpg

Very nice work, I love that kind of stuff.

One question in regards to this last picture. I know that pictures can be deceiving, so maybe this question is not relative. It seems that you have a large gear, 480V with only one entrance to the space. The entrance does not look large enough. Am I seeing the right thing or not?

cirving

It seems that you have a large gear, 480V with only one entrance to the space. The entrance does not look large enough. Am I seeing the right thing or not?

There are actually three entrances into the room, two double doors and a single man door on the far end

Here?s another shot inside the gear, all the phase conductors are 750 kcm
work5.jpg

electricalperson

you guys are lucky i love doing that kind of work. i just wish i could do more of it. residential gets boring after a while and nothings better than wrestling with 500 mcm's after playing with those little 14 and 12 awg conductors all day

Status
Not open for further replies.