Pics of quality craftsmanship

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsilkwood

right on. All I mostly deal with at my full time job is 18-3 and 18-2 control wiring. And after wiring houses for a few years and pulling big conductors in commercial buldings for another few years I prefer control wiring. It's still nice once in a while to work in a house or bend some EMT. One thing I don't miss though is working with MC cable.
i still like to build a nice pipe rack. but i love doing control work. its such a good feeling on startup day when youve got plumbers and mechanics and everybody else running around like theyre crazy, and you can sit back and say yep my stuff works:smile:. as for working in a house you can have it man, imo romex is good to tie down ladders.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
My green is showing, but: That's pretty neat, I've never once seen a vertical hanging rack. Hard to tell, would there be any savings as far as time and labor? Once the pipe is installed, how sturdy is it compared to a rack hanging from some pieces of all-thread?
I did it on a commercial job. I had to hang four 3/4" EMT's along the very-crowded underside of a catwalk, where it would be enclosed in drywall.

I used a piece of all-thread horizontally off the bottom of the strut to prevent swinging. I don't believe hanging like a pendulum qualifies as secured.

jrannis

Dont get me wrong but you really have to charge a good amount of money to get that kind of result. If I took that long on a job most of my old Bosses would have put their boots up my butt. With that said I wonder if using a trough, some cable trays and some pipe would have expediated this work a bit.

Yeah.
I always thought of how much smoke all that romex could produce. Their had to be a better way to do that job than wallpaper that room with that stuff.

stickboy1375

Yeah.
I always thought of how much smoke all that romex could produce. Their had to be a better way to do that job than wallpaper that room with that stuff.

IMO, it was done the best way. :D

I really would not worry about the smoke either, once everything else catches on fire, you wont be able to tell the NM smoke from the other smoke in the house. :D

peter d

Yeah.
I always thought of how much smoke all that romex could produce.

I never think of all the smoke that romex could produce. However, I do think about the contents that building furnishings could produce, and they are a much bigger danger than romex will ever be.

Status
Not open for further replies.