Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcNSpark

petersonra said:
If I am the owner, I am not going to care much about how things I won't be able to see look. Adequate is good enough for me.

My boss has told me time and time again, "I don't care how you get it done, just get it done!"

This is the same man who once told me (when I was apparently taking too much time doing cut-in work, "You're not tuning a piano; just get the goddamn wires into the box!"

One more...when I was working a job that was far from the shop, I was trying to make sure I had parted out the job completely, as it would be darn near impossible to run back for more materials...apparently I was taking too long. I told him why I was taking so long, and he told me, "You'll never know what you forgot if you never get there."

He is 64 and a Vietnam war veteran, and started up our company in 1966. There is no school like the old school.

M. D.

ArcNSpark said:
My boss has told me time and time again, "I don't care how you get it done, just get it done!"

This is the same man who once told me (when I was apparently taking too much time doing cut-in work, "You're not tuning a piano; just get the goddamn wires into the box!"

He is 64 and a Vietnam war veteran, and started up our company in 1966. There is no school like the old school.

Thanks for that ,.it is good to start a day with a smile........

,..it is hard for me to believe the age the Vietnam vet is getting to be.. cut him some ,.. no,. a good amount of slack,. that war, and how the country treated them on returning home,.. sucked for a lot of them.

ArcNSpark

M. D. said:
Thanks for that ,.it is good to start a day with a smile........

,..it is hard for me to believe the age the Vietnam vet is getting to be.. cut him some ,.. no,. a good amount of slack,. that war, and how the country treated them on returning home,.. sucked for a lot of them.

Of course...don't get me wrong. He's a great guy to work FOR, but hell to work WITH on a job. The man just couldn't possibly be more impatient.

That being said, I've learned a ton from him, and he was the guy who gave me my start in the field.

He was drafted into the Signal Corps in the Army, but once he got to Vietnam, his superiors wanted to know why while other stations averaged almost two hours per day of downtime, his station averaged about 10 minutes per day. He told them that "back in the world, I own an electrical contracting company." After that, they sent him to every asshole place in the delta to fix generators and other stuff. Thankfully for all of us, he made it back in one piece.

splinetto

iwire said:
So y'all just let the inspectors make up rules as they go along?

Why?
Inspectors enforce the code....Maybe in some areas they skip some parts.for whatever reason...And if they do shame on them and if you try to get away with stuff you think the insp won't notice just to save a buck, for whoever shame on you.....Ignorance is not an excuse....

iwire

Staff member
splinetto said:
Inspectors enforce the code....Maybe in some areas they skip some parts.for whatever reason...And if they do shame on them and if you try to get away with stuff you think the insp won't notice just to save a buck, for whoever shame on you.....Ignorance is not an excuse....

What the heck are you talking about? :-?

I was talking about inspectors that expect more then the adopted codes, not ECs trying to 'get away' with anything.

BackInTheHabit said:
Not what the inspectors want. It's what that particular cities' amendments/ordinances state.

Have you seen these written and adopted amendments with your own eyes or do you just believe the inspectors?

Like one that requires one NM per hole?

BackInTheHabit

iwire said:
..Have you seen these written and adopted amendments with your own eyes or do you just believe the inspectors?

Like one that requires one NM per hole?

I haven't had any luck finding them. I have searched websites with no luck. I am searching Kentucky Revised Statutes.

I need to correct a statement. They DO NOT require one hole per wire. You are allowed to run more than one wire in a hole. What they do require is the stapling down of the wires (which are typically feeders). They do not want the wires to be floating and possibly get damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.