Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdshunk

Curious to know why you favor 2 staples or two stackers at each fastening location?

It certainly is neat, but I might counsel you on wasting time.

splinetto

mdshunk said:
Curious to know why you favor 2 staples or two stackers at each fastening location?

It certainly is neat, but I might counsel you on wasting time.
You are quick.....I always put 2 staples at a box because it prevents the wire from pulling off the stud when putting it in a box

electricmanscott

splinetto said:
Somebody said they wanted to see what neat work looks like...

It was I who said it but...I actually said "meat work" as I am thinking of getting into the butchering field. :grin:

Nice work, but I also wonder about the staples and also how that wall will get insulated with the wires spanning the space the way they are.

480sparky

splinetto said:
You are quick.....I always put 2 staples at a box because it prevents the wire from pulling off the stud when putting it in a box

Then either your staples are too short or you pull way to hard on the cable.

mdshunk

electricmanscott said:
Nice work, but I also wonder about the staples and also how that wall will get insulated with the wires spanning the space the way they are.
I seem to remember an old pic of George Stolz's, where he used bar hangers and zip tied the romexes to them. That was a pretty neat trick. Probably more expensive than an CJ or stacker on each side of the stud bay, though.

stickboy1375

The insulators must hate you for all the extra work, and your wasting to much time using all those staples and drilling all those holes, just an honest opinion... dont hate me because I use stak-its...:grin:

stickboy1375

think about it this way, you had to actually find the lumber, cut th lumber, nail the lumber, I would have had my stackits installed before you found the lumber... :grin: good thing you work for someone...;) :grin: just future advice!

peter d

splinetto, you should add your location to your profile so we know where you are. When I saw the fire caulk in all the holes, my first guess is that you're in CT.

mdshunk

In my area, the insulation subs normally take care of the fire caulk and such. They don't check for firestopping and draft stopping on the electrical inspection.

mdshunk

Anyone know anything about that pink spray foam that's supposed to be fire rated? I've only heard rumors about it, and havn't seen it myself.

stickboy1375

mdshunk said:
Anyone know anything about that pink spray foam that's supposed to be fire rated? I've only heard rumors about it, and havn't seen it myself.

No, nothing about it... if its anything like the expanding foam I used in the early 90's I dont want it... :grin: I think I still have that stuff on me...

splinetto

stickboy1375 said:
think about it this way, you had to actually find the lumber, cut th lumber, nail the lumber, I would have had my stackits installed before you found the lumber... :grin: good thing you work for someone...;) :grin: just future advice!
That is what carpenters are for:grin: :D .....I must be doing something right...around here the boss likes to see neat work

splinetto

peter d said:
splinetto, you should add your location to your profile so we know where you are. When I saw the fire caulk in all the holes, my first guess is that you're in CT.
No Im form St. Louis Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.