Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinetto

peter d said:
Gotcha. I thought we were the only ones that had to use fire rated caulk in our holes. Is that a local code there too?
alot of fire caulk and fire wrap( puddy pads) Almost everything gets it mostly my holes and plumbing holes...and fire wrap on boxes in the same stud space in a fire wall

stickboy1375

peter d said:
Gotcha. I thought we were the only ones that had to use fire rated caulk in our holes. Is that a local code there too?

After reading the building code it does make sense to fire caulk the holes, they are only to slow the fire down anyway, but basically the fire caulk is to restore the fire block to its original state... Check out the IRC

emahler

splinetto, i mean this with all due respect...i hope you don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back...

nice job, but nothing special...i haven't roughed a house in years, so i don't have any pictures, but your wiring is typical for what we did in our spec roughs...custom roughs were much neater.

again, not trying to bad you, but there's nothing special about it. it's not necessarily neat, nor square, nor well planned...

oh, well, carry on...

stickboy1375

splinetto said:
alot of fire caulk and fire wrap( puddy pads) Almost everything gets it mostly my holes and plumbing holes...and fire wrap on boxes in the same stud space in a fire wall

Why not use arlington boxes? they are listed for in use in a fire wall.

EDIT: should have said Allied Molded boxes...

Last edited:

splinetto

stickboy1375 said:
After reading the building code it does make sense to fire caulk the holes, they are only to slow the fire down anyway, but basically the fire caulk is to restore the fire block to its original state... Check out the IRC
But gets some of that stuff on your skin and its hard to get off ....just about as bad as tree sap from a 2x4

stickboy1375

emahler said:
splinetto, i mean this with all due respect...i hope you don't hurt your arm patting yourself on the back...

nice job, but nothing special...i haven't roughed a house in years, so i don't have any pictures, but your wiring is typical for what we did in our spec roughs...custom roughs were much neater.

again, not trying to bad you, but there's nothing special about it. it's not necessarily neat, nor square, nor well planned...

oh, well, carry on...

Yep... its hard to post pics online... I'm definitely not against emahler's comments...

peter d

emahler said:
s

I don't do my work that neat for a spec house. there is no reason to. I don't care if the romex twists a few times before it's installed. It will be covered and forgotten forever. I'm not advocating doing sloppy work, but for typical spec house fast jobs you can't be ultra neat and make money.

stickboy1375

peter d said:
I don't do my work that neat for a spec house. there is no reason to. I don't care if the romex twists a few times before it's installed. It will be covered and forgotten forever. I'm not advocating doing sloppy work, but for typical spec house fast jobs you can't be ultra neat and make money.

Pete I bet you and I could bang out a spec house like no other... ;) :grin:

emahler

peter d said:

not tract house...spec house...plus, it was just ingrained in me...make it neat, and the inspector won't bother looking for your flaws...make it messy, and he'll be more likely to look harder...

stickboy1375

emahler said:
not tract house...spec house...plus, it was just ingrained in me...make it neat, and the inspector won't bother looking for your flaws...make it messy, and he'll be more likely to look harder...

I never liked that mentality, it either meets code or it does not...

emahler

stickboy1375 said:
I never liked that mentality, it either meets code or it does not...

i'm not talking about violating code...i'm talking about forgetting to splice up boxes, or not having the basement fully wired and stapled (but he never even looks because the 1st floor is neat and complete...that type of stuff...

splinetto

emahler said:

oh, well, carry on...
Oh emahler with all due respect....What are you talking about? I never said my work was better than yours. The point is that it is straight, neat, and one hole per wire.......(but not emahler neat) maybe Ill get out a framing square next time

stickboy1375

emahler said:
i'm not talking about violating code...i'm talking about forgetting to splice up boxes, or not having the basement fully wired and stapled (but he never even looks because the 1st floor is neat and complete...that type of stuff...

Oh, I see... thanks for making that clear...

emahler

splinetto said:
Oh emahler with all due respect....What are you talking about? I never said my work was better than yours. The point is that it is straight, neat, and one hole per wire.......(but not emahler neat) maybe Ill get out a framing square next time

chill...your posts prior to this led me to a great expectation of the perfect wiring job...it was just a let down...i'm sorry...next time I won't expect too much...no worries...

Status
Not open for further replies.