Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

emahler

iwire said:
CES was not the only company in my job history that no longer exists, there are a few.

Hey....you got any openings at your place. :grin: :grin:

sure, you can have my job....:D

iwire, the Ted McGinley of the electrical world :D

LawnGuyLandSparky

jrannis said:
Not real neat or 100% complete at the time of the picture but interesting use of C Condulets. 270 degree limit, and no field bends permitted.

attachment.php

Interesting? What is that, a running thread into a C with a coupling and a SS connector?

You'd be thrown off the job. That is horrible work.

cschmid

LawnGuyLandSparky said:
jrannis said:
Not real neat or 100% complete at the time of the picture but interesting use of C Condulets. 270 degree limit, and no field bends permitted.

attachment.php

Interesting? What is that, a running thread into a C with a coupling and a SS connector?

Nice pick up I missed the SS connectors completely..maybe another picture would complete the puzzle.,

ceknight

iwire said:
CES was not the only company in my job history that no longer exists, there are a few. :grin: :grin:

This reminds me of an old joke, which of course you'll have to moderate out because it's off-topic. :)

An old man lay on his deathbed talking to his wife of 60 years. "Honey, we've been through a lot together. You remember when my first business went bust and we had to live like paupers for 10 years? You were by my side the whole way. Heck, when I injured my back and was out of work for a year, you were there with me the whole time. When my second company went bankrupt, you stuck with me through thick and thin. And even now as I lay dying all these years later, you're still by my side."

He continued..."You know something?"

"Yes...?" his wife replied.

"I think maybe you're bad luck!"

:) :)

ZZZ

Very neat. To the detractors: If it takes you over 2 minutes to drill ten holes; or more than 15 minutes to install two 2x4's, then you are probably so slow that you shouldn't be throwing stones.

peter d

emahler said:
btw, don't you have a new contractor to go help bankrupt?:)

Hey, don't forget that I helped too. But Bob was there for 10 years....he helped WAY more than me. I give the new company another few years before the bottom falls out. ;) :D

peter d

stickboy1375 said:
Pete I bet you and I could bang out a spec house like no other... ;) :grin:

Definitely. :D It's funny, the last spec house I did the boss complained about something nit picky like a twist in the cable or something. I replied and said "Yeah, but it got done fast, didn't it?" ;)

peter d

jrannis said:

I'm cringing right now looking at large diameter pipe and C fittings. I really hope that you didn't pull out and then back into those. C fittings should be illegal to make over 1/2".

JohnJ0906

iwire said:
CES was not the only company in my job history that no longer exists, there are a few.

Hey....you got any openings at your place. :grin: :grin:

I have 3 no longer existing companies in my job history. Made getting my time together (when I went for my master's test) lots of fun.

emahler

peter d said:
Hey, don't forget that I helped too. But Bob was there for 10 years....he helped WAY more than me. I give the new company another few years before the bottom falls out. ;) :D

you'd think that eventually iwire's perspective employer would start to wonder why he can't get in touch with any of bob's former employers:)

emahler

peter d said:
I'm cringing right now looking at large diameter pipe and C fittings. I really hope that you didn't pull out and then back into those. C fittings should be illegal to make over 1/2".

who would do something stupid like that? the beauty of C condulets is that they let you pull right through them...

peter d

emahler said:
you'd think that eventually iwire's perspective employer would start to wonder why he can't get in touch with any of bob's former employers:)

You'd think that would be the case, but when you have 150,000,000 posts on an NEC & trade forum, it's kinda hard to turn someone down with those credentials.

jrannis

LawnGuyLandSparky said:
jrannis said:

attachment.php

OK here it is:
Connectors will not screw into the threads in the hub, like screwing one into a weatherproof bell box (or whatever you guys call them).

Rigid side is a 8" nipple cut in half, threaded end screwed into the C Condulet, steel setscrew coupling connects the nipple to the pipe. The EMT side is a close nipple into the C Condulet a threaded coupling and a set screw connector.
What would you do Lawn?

cschmid

okay I thought this was a good pic of some nice work but now have some questions..you are transitioning from rigid to emt or did I miss some thing..I am curious as to why you are changing pipe styles..or why would you need to have a rigid hookup to a condulet..and yes I call them weather proof bell boxes..I guess I am confused..I did wonder why all the fittings but am still not clear on this..I still like the looks of it..

Status
Not open for further replies.