Point of attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

I would like to say your wrong but I really don't know. :confused:

Yeah, I hear you. I like to think I'm open minded about how things are done in other places without completely trashing them. For instance in California it's common for the PVC service riser to come up inside the wall from the slab, and then into the bottom of the "all in one." I thought that was a pretty bad idea but a few million housing units done that way can't be all wrong. :)

mdshunk

For instance in California it's common for the PVC service riser to come up inside the wall from the slab, and then into the bottom of the "all in one." I thought that was a pretty bad idea but a few million housing units done that way can't be all wrong. :)
Are they flush and semi-flush all-in-one's that are done that way? I can't really picture how to do a surface mounted one that way.

peter d

Are they flush and semi-flush all-in-one's?

You actually read my posts??? :confused:

Anyway, they are flush...I didn't notice any semi flush ones. They do it differently there than the pics that 220 has shown us of Arizona all in ones. The pvc riser is outside the wall there, and of course the cables enter through a snap in bushing on the back.

I'm sure one of our left coast members will chime in.

charlie

SE cable is acceptable for service entrance

SE cable is acceptable for service entrance

But if you were born and raised in Chicago you would be ranting and raving about how bad NM cable is. :D
That is exactly right! For years, the Indianapolis area has prohibited the use of SE cable for service entrance conductors. Since the NEC has become a state wide code, Indianapolis is not permitted to have its own rules and SE cable is acceptable. Since old ideas die hard, we still have very few service entrances done with SE cable. Where it has been done, our connection people and some of our engineers question its validity. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.