Power Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivey

Yeah, but I thought you might the recessed part. Surge suppressor recep. have been around for ages. I installed one over 15 years ago in my house.

Could be that I dismissed them along with the cheesy little one-shots when they came out. I'm still avoiding the little plug in ones but maybe I need to look at some newer models.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Here is one similar to the one City Electric sells. It is neat the way the receptacle is turned at an angle. The receptacle is a surge suppressor type also.(not pictured)

45-0031.jpg
That brings up the question of the other cables being installed in the wall. I doubt they would comply with 725.154 and if they don't then they can't be installed in the wall.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
That brings up the question of the other cables being installed in the wall. I doubt they would comply with 725.154 and if they don't then they can't be installed in the wall.
Communication cables rared for 725.154 are common and readily sourced. That's not an issue.

mivey

Doing the same, I'm thinking of constructing a portable mock-up of an inlet and a receptacle in a pair of OWB boxes on a piece of drywall, and demonstrating the installation to my two favorite chief inspectors.
...........Inquiring minds want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.