Power to RV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNGuy81

Hey im not alone in my logic.. http://www.myrv.us/Pgs/RV/Camp Electric.htm

New electrical installations will have the 15 or 20 and 30 Amp receptacles with GFCI - either built into the outlet or in the breaker. The 50 Amp receptacle will not have GFCI (but I don't doubt that it's in the future). The requirement for GFCI on outdoor outlets became part of the National Electric Code in the early 70's. So any campgrounds that were built after that time, or had the electrical system upgraded, should have GFCI on the 15 Amp receptacles. The requirement for the 30 Amp outlets to be on GFCI is more recent, but I don't know when it started.
:grin:

TNGuy81

Ahh ic that now. I am just going to wire it as told here in the forum and forget about the GFCI when the snow clears out. Thanks again for the info. I have learned a lot just by this thread alone.

ceb58

Non-Specific Religious Winter Holiday lights

Talk about political correctness :cool:

The bottom line on this install is it is going on a residents, its 240v therefor no GFCI requried.
If you feel that the install would be safer by GFCI'ing the recp. by all means do so. Nothing wrong with above and beyond. Just be prepared to pay $150.00-175.00 for the breaker. And be prepared to charge the customer around $200.00 for it.

480sparky

Talk about political correctness :cool:

"And that's the way it is...... " (Walter Cronkite)

The bottom line on this install is it is going on a residents, its 240v therefor no GFCI requried.
If you feel that the install would be safer by GFCI'ing the recp. by all means do so. Nothing wrong with above and beyond. Just be prepared to pay $150.00-175.00 for the breaker. And be prepared to charge the customer around $200.00 for it.

Also be prepared to go back several times to reset the GFI when the HO doesn't remember how to reset it, or that there's a GFCI feeding his RV. But be sure to charge for the trips!

Status
Not open for further replies.