pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

emahler

Tiger Electrical said:
Really Eric, why don't you get to work?

BTW after my 1st 6 months in business my wife asked me "Why don't you get a REAL job?" I should have been a plumber.

Dave

PS I read NJ has a new rule...no text messaging from the car. NJ loves taxing the little people.

not enough money for me....i'd rather sell one for $2700 and sub it for $1700....my goal in life is to make money not work a lot....

220/221

tonyou812 said:
:roll: To all
I am sincerlly sorry for getting hot on the collar. Yes I am begining to see how difficult contracting really is. It was the Jim Beam talking, that and going over my bills for the month. I really have alot to learn. (GULP) that was me swallowing my pride. I think I am stuck in the paycheck mentality and I will keep my big mouth shut from now on and keep my ears open.:smile:

thumbup.gif

The next time you catch yourself saying "maybe it's the JB talking", stop and think back ;)

celtic

LawnGuyLandSparky said:
How far would you go to do do a job like this?

For $300/hr...I'd easily travel 90 minutes each way....making it about $200/hr.

How about you?

celtic

emahler said:
pay him $3500 and he might consider it:D

For a "straightforward typical residential 100a to 200a service. Panel back to back or off to side, or directly under in basement. 4 hours." :-?

I'd have better luck getting a lifetime supply of DO's and a chair in Old Bridge or wherever the heck you're from :)

emahler

celtic said:
For a "straightforward typical residential 100a to 200a service. Panel back to back or off to side, or directly under in basement. 4 hours." :-?

I'd have better luck getting a lifetime supply of DO's and a chair in Old Bridge or wherever the heck you're from :)

it's Colts Neck and we don't want your kind around here...should you decide to visit, our welcoming committee will find you
800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

emahler

but, you would have more luck getting a lifetime of pies from DO's than you would getting someone who is only talking smack to backup anything they brag about...though, i would be duly impressed if a person like that was to actually walk the walk...

celtic

emahler said:
it's Colts Neck and we don't want your kind around here...should you decide to visit, our welcoming committee will find you
800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

They must be getting ready to bake me a really big pie :D

emahler

peter d said:
You still can't handle it.....

i can handle it...i just think it's funny that a company felt compelled to hire a pretty boy, simply to balance out the ugliness of iwire:D

peter d

emahler said:
i can handle it...i just think it's funny that a company felt compelled to hire a pretty boy, simply to balance out the ugliness of iwire:D

Believe it....it happened. Rumor has it they want me back at the new company to bump up the "prettiness quotient" again.

Tiger Electrical

I know at this point it's useless to bring it back to the OP.

My philosophy on services is as follows:

In this area every carpenter, GC, remodeler and handyman does the easy electrical work even if it looks really scary. The one thing almost all of them won't do is a service upgrade. So here is our opportunity to have work with the least competition. It should be the time to enjoy a little profitable work. Instead some ECs treat it like their lost leader...If I do this service at or a little below cost they'll call me for the next job which may be something really nice like changing a switch or outlet. Service changes are the most dangerous work I do, bringing me a little too close to live POCO lines. If I do it, it's going to be profitable.

Dave

emahler

Tiger Electrical said:
I know at this point it's useless to bring it back to the OP.

My philosophy on services is as follows:

In this area every carpenter, GC, remodeler and handyman does the easy electrical work even if it looks really scary. The one thing almost all of them won't do is a service upgrade. So here is our opportunity to have work with the least competition. It should be the time to enjoy a little profitable work. Instead some ECs treat it like their lost leader...If I do this service at or a little below cost they'll call me for the next job which may be something really nice like changing a switch or outlet. Service changes are the most dangerous work I do, bringing me a little too close to live POCO lines. If I do it, it's going to be profitable.

Dave
dave,

the service upgrade is one of the only "home runs" that a resi contractor has..standby generators are another...but there isn't too many...

it's a chance to, like you said, make up for a previous loss and put a little away for a future problem...not a 'wage work' or a 'loss leader'....but guys don't put a value on what we do...

oh, well:D

Status
Not open for further replies.