Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
dcspector said:
Dennis check out the number of your posts.........scary...huh? 666

I remember when I hit that mark I immediately posted again just to get by it. :D

Roger

peter d

tallgirl said:
Just don't tell Celtic that the part of Jersey he lives in is only "The Garden State" if they count the grass growing up top of the landfills :)

Ahhh yes, New Jersey, my favorite state to visit when I want to see tank farms, chemical plants, refineries, strip malls, and container ports.

celtic

peter d said:
Ahhh yes, New Jersey, my favorite state to visit when I want to see tank farms, chemical plants, refineries, strip malls, and container ports.

...and in all that mess is buckets of money :D :D :D all the way to the bank.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
It's funny, there was recently a report on the wealth of New Jersey. It stated that if we were to secede from the United States of America we would be the wealthiest country in the world. It's always easy to try and put us down when you're on the outside looking in. :cool:

And where is ...deep in the heart of...Mexico?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
infinity said:
And where is ...deep in the heart of...Mexico?
It was at one time.

The people of Texas usually call themselves Texans. However, Texian was generally used in the early period of the state's history.

"Texans/Texians" (tek'se-ans) adj. A citizen or the culture of the Texas section of the province of Coahuila y Texas, Republic of Mexico or the subsequent Republic of Texas.

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
infinity said:
It's funny, there was recently a report on the wealth of New Jersey. It stated that if we were to secede from the United States of America we would be the wealthiest country in the world. It's always easy to try and put us down when you're on the outside looking in. :cool:

Now that was completely uncalled for. I like New Jersey. I have a lot of fond memories of spending summers there. I even tried to move back when I was 17 so I could go to Rutgers. I just happen to prefer the half of the state that still somewhat resembles the state's motto, instead of the half of the state that resembles a toxic waste dump ...

celtic

tallgirl said:
I just happen to prefer the half of the state that still somewhat resembles the state's motto, instead of the half of the state that resembles a toxic waste dump ...

Due to all the manufacturing et al that was home to NJ, these corporations left much unwanted "debris" in their wake as they fled our fine borders. The NJ DEP, EPA, etc now require a business to clean-up there site EVEN after they bailed.
There are a lot of these sites in NJ, some of them are "super-fund" sites (thanks for your donations :D )...before any of them are redeveloped - and they will be - remediation processes are in order.
So our once fair "Garden State" will be greener than ever....but not from grass, roses, and evergreens, rather from the green the dead presidents wallow in :D

celtic

LarryFine said:
Want a cheat? Add extra spaces between words; they don't show up in the text. Like this:
That's just something mods do to show they are 3l33t.
LMAO

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
tallgirl said:
Now that was completely uncalled for. I like New Jersey. I have a lot of fond memories of spending summers there. I even tried to move back when I was 17 so I could go to Rutgers. I just happen to prefer the half of the state that still somewhat resembles the state's motto, instead of the half of the state that resembles a toxic waste dump ...

Uncalled for? I don't think so. You threw the first stone.

Just don't tell Celtic that the part of Jersey he lives in is only "The Garden State" if they count the grass growing up top of the landfills :smile:

romeo

Quoting Post

Quoting Post

iwire said:
Members, when you decide to quote someone please do not quote the entire post.

Use the quote button than simply delete the part of the quote that is not relevant.

Thanks I think I finely learned how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.