Quoting Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Romeo, the only thing you left out was putting [/quote] back at the end of the part you wanted to quote.

It should have looked like this "that is not relevant.[/quote]"

Roger

mark henderson

Originally Posted by iwire
Members, when you decide to quote someone please do not quote the entire post.

Use the quote button than simply delete the part of the quote that is not relevant.

George has taken the time to put together detailed instructions on how to do this if you need more info.

George's Quoting Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_618
Thanks Bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter d
What? I don't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgestolz
It's finally gotten to you too, huh Bob?

Is this any better?
Now we can see the entire thread in one window: # 5

Or you can copy and paste right? Or Im I not getting the point.:rolleyes:

Mark

Mike03a3

LarryFine said:
Isn't that printed on both sides of the same sign? ;)
There's a place named Rectorstown here in Virginia that, while a place name, is little more than a crossroads.

The two signs you see entering Rectorstown are actually on opposite sides of the same 4x4. I laugh everytime I drive by.

Mike

mark henderson

mark henderson

mark henderson said:
iwire said:
Members, when you decide to quote someone please do not quote the entire post.

Use the quote button than simply delete the part of the quote that is not relevant.

George has taken the time to put together detailed instructions on how to do this if you need more info.

George's Quoting Class
TEST
TEST

Just trying to get this whole quote in a quote thing

Mark
TESTING TESTING

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Dennis Alwon said:
You may be "Lone Star" in this fight Julie.
That she is not! :cool:

To the best of my knowledge and belief, the angel Gabriel is yet to "blow his horn." From that I infer that the "Eyes of Texas" are still on me, having been born and (mostly) raised in San Antonio (a mere 76 miles from Austin, as I recall). :grin:

But then, I have not been participating in this "fight." So you are free to lead the battle, Julie. ;)

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
charlie b said:

That she is not! :cool:

To the best of my knowledge and belief, the angel Gabriel is yet to "blow his horn." From that I infer that the "Eyes of Texas" are still on me, having been born and (mostly) raised in San Antonio (a mere 76 miles from Austin, as I recall). :grin:

But then, I have not been participating in this "fight." So you are free to lead the battle, Julie. ;)

I'm from Jersey, Charlie. This is a South Jersey versus North Jersey battle. Not sure why Celtic wants to drag Texas into things ...

When I was little I played in the rye fields next to my aunt and uncle's house. We'd go to the peach and cherry orchards and get fresh pies.

Then I made it north of Camden and discovered that there was this part of New Jersey that was a toxic waste dump and it broke my heart. It was very sad :(

celtic

tallgirl said:
I'm from Jersey, Charlie. This is a South Jersey versus North Jersey battle. Not sure why Celtic wants to drag Texas into things ...

Easy now par'ner....I have not dragged Texas into this.

I went off on a money tangent.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Mark, Greg, Romeo, and anybody else: this is the place to hack the quoting thing together, so if you're still not sure, keep posting away. Don't be bashful. Don't feel bad when it don't work, and you rack up a few replies figuring it out. :cool:

It's encouraging to see an attempt. :)

celtic

iwire said:
Nope, that is an area I almost never go to.

I live on the RI boarder, 15 minutes to Providence RI, 30 Minutes to Boston, MA.

I've been to Salem that one time, Boston a couple times (I like it, nice town)....we didn't seem to learn....each trip was an adventure into the progress of "The Big Dig". That was a mess...almost as much fun as heading down the Jersey Shore on any given Friday during the summer :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.