Rigid

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkb

Mini is short for the brand name Mineralac.
They were the original.

Since it is a food plant, do they allow threaded rod?
I worked in Peter & Paul candy and they required that rods be smooth and field threaded just enough to attach.
This was to prevent dust build up.

ASK_EDDIE

All-thread is allowed in this particular building.As in early post they've just started requiring rigid pipe so the rules may keep changing as they upgrade. Other things have become more strict since I started doing work their about 4 years ago.

ASK_EDDIE

I did get the PO for the job today, I guess that means Low bidder lol , I know they took one other bid at least.Spent the afternoon setting up the gangbox, i also have another project going on there.I pulled out the Ridgid stuff making sure everything worked IE:700 ect and had all stuff ready to start.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I did get the PO for the job today, I guess that means Low bidder lol , I know they took one other bid at least.Spent the afternoon setting up the gangbox, i also have another project going on there.I pulled out the Ridgid stuff making sure everything worked IE:700 ect and had all stuff ready to start.

now, you get to be the lab rat.... see how your hours come out, and
how the overall job works for you, and let us know.....

*gets popcorn and settles back to wait.....*

'n hurry... we gots ta know.....

iwire

Staff member
Drug test??:confused:

That was kind of a strange thing to throw in there:grin:

Wayne, drug testing and safety orientations can actually be quite expensive as far as employee payrole and should be figured in as non-productive labor. We have a number of jobs going with more than 100 employees that have sat through 1/2 to 3/4 of a day of safety training and drug testing before being allowed on the job sites.

Roger

I recently was handed a small job from our estimating department, not many hours in it at all. But I still had to send the foreman and an apprentice to training classes before they could start. So on a small job before a single screw has been turned I am have 6 hours lodged to the job and the cost of the class fees. I have another 4 hours of PM time into it because I had to fill out a 'MOP' (Method Of Procedure) which describes in great detail how we will do the work.

This stuff makes it hard to come out on top if these items whee not included in the biding.

ASK_EDDIE

The 1-1/4 was completed in the 2 day time frame i allowed even tho if was a very slow start for my guys, so that is the good news as this was going to be the most labor intensive part of the project.
I will be getting the new squareD can next week and the guts in about 2 weeks,

here is my question are Square D prices "negotiated" with every supplier they use
or is this with the local supplier I use. At any one time i can buy a complete panel with breakers cheaper than one breaker alone, of course im talking 3ph or commercial breakers. Is this really the way it is everwhere?

tkb

That is the scam that all of the gear suppliers play.
When they know you are locked into their brand, the breakers are list price.
When you order them in a panel, they must assume that it can be competitively bid so the price is much lower for the panel with the breakers vs the breakers alone.

Just make up a job name, order the panel, take the breakers and any other parts that may be useful to you, and chuck the rest.

K2500

That is the scam that all of the gear suppliers play.
When they know you are locked into their brand, the breakers are list price.
When you order them in a panel, they must assume that it can be competitively bid so the price is much lower for the panel with the breakers vs the breakers alone.

Just make up a job name, order the panel, take the breakers and any other parts that may be useful to you, and chuck the rest.

I feel dirty and done wrong every time I have to do that.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I feel dirty and done wrong every time I have to do that.
Don't. It's no worse than buying a residential main-breaker for the main breaker alone.

But then, you do get a few spare parts, like screws, buses, etc.

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
No reason to use one of those fancy estimating outfits...We have the "name that price" section of the forum!!! Plus, no one can beat our price...

Status
Not open for further replies.