Servicing recessed mercury-vapor lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Update time: I got two prices on ballast kits including bulbs: $66 and $53 per set, x 8.

Now, I just have to decide how much we want to charge per. 30' up in a boom. Hmmm.

Any one willing to throw out a realistic "what would you charge?" estimate for labor?

iwire

Staff member
Update time: I got two prices on ballast kits including bulbs: $66 and $53 per set, x 8.

Now, I just have to decide how much we want to charge per. 30' up in a boom. Hmmm.

Any one willing to throw out a realistic "what would you charge?" estimate for labor?

I know nothing of prices but if the boss had me look at this I would report back that it would take one trip with 2 mechanics for 10 hrs each of 'premium time' (we charge more for night work)

My estimate also includes getting the lift in and out along with disposal of the trash. Yeah, one person will have a lot of down time but should be there.

iwire

Staff member
I had missed this one.

Ballast type: #57 (any idea what that means?)

Yes, that is ANSI Code M57 as long as you get a M57 ballast and an M57 lamp they are compatible. I always use the ANSI codes when ordering.

ANSI Lamp Codes are codes designated by the American National Standards Institute. These codes provide for uniform mechanical, electrical and performance characteristics for like coded lamps from different manufacturers. Some lamp codes have multiple ANSI coding such as BMG/BMH or CEA/CEB/CDK. In such cases, the first code designates the ANSI code for the lamp. The second and third code sets designate codes that the first code directly replaces. For these lamps with multiple coding, only the first code is marked on the lamp.

Supply voltage: 277v. (there goes the CFL idea)

I think that was a bad idea anyway, these lamps will kick butt once your done.

Also, the bulb reads 'multi-vapor'. What does that mean?

A GE brand for metal halide lamps

Status
Not open for further replies.