Some Saftey-First Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

480sparky said:
Subject to Physical Damage????:

carwreckwires.jpg

How do you suppose that got up there? I hate when I misplace my car...

iwire

Staff member
stickboy1375 said:
How do you suppose that got up there? .

Neighborhood bullies, they got bored of just taking peoples sneakers and throwing them onto the power lines

sneakers.jpg

so they moved up to cars. :wink:

stickboy1375

Here is the front of the car

1088696383445_2.jpg

The story behind the car also...

On June 13, 2004, at approximately 8:30 AM, Community Volunteer Fire Department's Engine 2 and Ambulance 2 were dispatched to the intersection of Alief-Clodine Road and Metro Boulevard in Southwest Harris County, Texas for the report of a car versus telephone pole.

Upon arrival, the engine company found a vehicle still running, hanging on the telephone wires by its right front tire.

Witnesses reported that the car had been traveling westbound on Alief-Clodine when the driver lost control of the vehicle, crossed the median, and made contact with the guide wire from the ground to the telephone pole, propelling the vehicle upward onto the wires.

Witnesses also reported that the driver jumped down from the vehicle and ran to catch a bus prior to the arrival of Engine 2 and the Harris County Sheriff's Department.

The vehicle ran for over an hour until the oil had completely drained from the motor and it seized.

Several wreckers and a Southwestern Bell crew removed the vehicle from its perch.

480sparky

iwire said:
Neighborhood bullies, they got bored of just taking peoples sneakers and throwing them onto the power lines

sneakers.jpg

so they moved up to cars. :wink:

I have heard (this is anectodal, remember!) that this is a method used by drug dealers to 'mark' their territory. Different pushers use different brands or colors.

stickboy1375

avon.0.jpg

The owner of the trucking company that caused this mess heard about the crash and called his insurance company to reinstate his policy... nice huh? 4 people died, and not one of the victims families will probably receive a dime....

mark32

How do you guys post large pics? The pic I'd like to post is smaller than some here but I still cannot upload it because the file size is too big. I can resize it in Photoshop but the image, at an acceptable size, is too small.

480sparky

What format is it in? If it's a JPG or GIF, they're pretty reasonable for file size.

BMPs can really be huge, though.

BTW, do you think the driver of this truck can 'see the light'?:

truck_pole.jpg

Last edited:

Brady Electric

Some Safety First Photos

Some Safety First Photos

Thanks to all that sent pictures in. I had a good laugh.
Maybe some of you need to quick being electricians and become photographers.
Everyone knows there's more money in it.
Have a GREAT day and Semper Fi

dlhoule

480sparky said:
What format is it in? If it's a JPG or GIF, they're pretty reasonable for file size.

BMPs can really be huge, though.

BTW, do you think the driver of this truck can 'see the light'?:

truck_pole.jpg

He probably just didn't want to climb down from that high cab and needed something to shinny down to the ground.:D

480sparky

Test question:

You have a small truck, and lots and lots of wood crates to transport across town.

Do you:

A. make several trips.
B. go get a bigger truck.
C. forget about it.
D.
hang_on2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.