Stupidest comment you ever heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sii

Yesterday I had to go reset a 480 volt motor starter that had tripped due to an obstruction in front of a rolling door. The machine operator (a 19 year old kid) said to me, "Why don't you show me how to do that so I don't have to call you next time." I told him that I would not.

He then said, "Well, if you don't show me, I'll just open up the door and figure it out for myself." He had a big smart-alec grin on his face when he said that. I proceeded to tell him that I was OK with that because then I wouldn't have to lose any sleep. He asked what I meant and I said wouldn't feel responsible for his mom having to bury him. His smile quickly disappeared.

What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say in relation to electrical safety?

480sparky

"Anyone can do electrical work...."
GinSlutTest.gif

nolabama

personal favorite from a customer " dont worry about bringing it up to code i just dont want it to burn down" ..... let me give a little insight to this one; and btw he still calls every so often and i dont return his calls , a boathouse that to this day i have no idea how it is grounded, exposed romex as soon as you walk into the front door, shore power ran under house in 6/3 romex that is exposed to lake ponchatrain's brackish water, previous electrical fire upstairs..........on and on and on

sgr1

Hook these CT's up. Swithgear HOT 480volts feeders all the way in back,about 2 o 3 inches from the buss, and would have to lay on the ground to hook them up. NOT.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I get this in the engineering world, but I'll bet a lot of you get it as well: "I only have a budget of $x.xx. Can you do it for that amount?"

Status
Not open for further replies.