Utility Cut-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

bascom

If the connections were truly above the head, then the shadow on the wall of the connections would be above the shadow of the head. This is just a perspective illusion.

Cavie

Looks good to me. Connections are not pointing up. They seem to be level. Thay are below the weather head and there is a large drip loop. The NEC says how it should be done but in the realworld the POCO does as it pleases.

tomspark1

This looks like a temporary reconnect by an electrician doing a service upgrade or change out. Power company does a permanent connect after final inspection is passed. In my area pocos normally use butt splices crimped but these look like split bolts or kerneys taped up. By all means contact them to at least check it out.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
This looks like a temporary reconnect by an electrician doing a service upgrade or change out. Power company does a permanent connect after final inspection is passed. In my area pocos normally use butt splices crimped but these look like split bolts or kerneys taped up. By all means contact them to at least check it out.

My thought too. I've seen these "temporary" connections years after the service was installed. No one calls for a final electrical inspection or the inspection department does not send a cut in card to the POCO.

charlie

Or the service connection department is overloaded so they decide to just "let'er go 'til" someone has a problem (loose connection, service burn down, etc.). If no one's complaining, it must be OK.

Most electric utilities do not do that but there are occasions when the workload . . . :smile:

electricmanscott

The picture does look fine. The installation in the picture looks fine too. No need for god to help, we're all set.

As usual you have nothing to back up your nonsense. Other than you not liking the appearance of the install what is the problem? :confused:

Still waiting for you to show me the NEC article that prohibits me from roughing a house in with romex before it is weather tight. :roll: I will NEVER let that go. :cool:

Last edited:

Jim W in Tampa

The picture does look fine. The installation in the picture looks fine too. No need for god to help, we're all set.

As usual you have nothing to back up your nonsense. Other than you not liking the appearance of the install what is the problem? :confused:

Still waiting for you to show me the NEC article that prohibits me from roughing a house in with romex before it is weather tight. :roll: I will NEVER let that go. :cool:

Yep but for what ?

iwire

Staff member
And it leads to what we see here. Looks like electrician ,split bolts ,tape. Things up north scare me. You need permit to change a receptacle but for poco connection nothing

Assume you think this picture looks fine, nothing unnormal for where you live. God help you

Jim, grow up. forget this 'North vs South' thing you seem to have in your head.

Here is an example of a dangerous electrical installation in FL. God Help You:roll:

http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=99333

Does it mean that all electrical work in FL is bad?

busman

Occupation
Master Electrician / Electrical Engineer
Based on the difference in size between the triplex and the service conductors, this certainly seems to be a temporary that should be made final by the PoCo. Looks fine for a temporary.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.