Violation in photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

What can you pic out from these pics as NEC violations?

IMG_1471.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

peter d

Other than the lack of support for the NM and the obvious skinned cable, it's just a messy service. I've seen far worse as most of us probably have. Nothing I would be too concerned about.

peter d

Not really. I was just trying to be funny. How did it work? :wink:

Well, you do have the one of the highest percentages of trunkslammers in the nation, don't you? ;) And without a standardized license or apprenticeship for electricians you tend to get this type of stuff. So your comment, while intended to be a joke, does appear to have an element of truth to it.

mdshunk

Well, you do have the one of the highest percentages of trunkslammers in the nation, don't you? ;)
Yes, and what's funniest about that comment is that I happen to have a tool pouch in the trunk of my car right now. I should go take a picture. I needed a few tools along when I did an estimate this evening.

peter d

I'll probably eat my own foot for this, but I've never seen a bonding bushing required for a resi 120/240 service. Unless you're talking about plastic bushing to protect conductors #4 and above I don't think this is required.

That gutter more than likely contains service conductors, assuming they didn't install a disconnect outside in addition to the main breaker panels, so those raceways do require bonding of some sort. I just don't know the code reference off hand right now.

steelersman

That gutter more than likely contains service conductors, assuming they didn't install a disconnect outside in addition to the main breaker panels, so those raceways do require bonding of some sort. I just don't know the code reference off hand right now.
So it is because of the gutter/trough then? So it wouldn't need them if no trough?

peter d

So it is because of the gutter/trough then? So it wouldn't need them if no trough?

Uhh....I'm a little rusty on the code rule at the moment. My preference is to use PVC or SEU cable for something like that...not sure what that trough is all about. Seems like extreme over kill to me.

I looked but couldn't find the code rule.

steelersman

Uhh....I'm a little rusty on the code rule at the moment. My preference is to use PVC or SEU cable for something like that...not sure what that trough is all about. Seems like extreme over kill to me.

I looked but couldn't find the code rule.
Yeah around here we don't need a trough for a 400 amp service. Just a peice of 4/O SE-U run from each panel to the larger meter enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.