Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local 363

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Local 363

    Does any one know anything about the independent local in NYC ,
    Their not the ibew their an independent local ,with teamsters or united workers doing Elc work any info would really be appreciated

    #2
    AFAICT, they are IBEW. From IBEW.com Local Union Directory...

    363- (catv, em, govt, i, t, u, ws) New City
    Main Office and Referral
    67 Commerce Drive S
    Harriman, NY 10926
    (845) 783-3500
    Fax No. (845) 783-3555
    Email office363@ibewlu363.org
    Web www.ibewlu363.com
    New City Office
    8 Taylor Lane
    New City, NY 10956
    (845) 634-4601
    B.M./F.S. Samuel Fratto III
    Pres. Gil Heim
    R.S. William Edwards
    Meets 4th Tuesday, 7 pm


    Classifications
    Cable Television (catv)
    Electrical Manufacturing (em)
    Government (govt)
    Inside (i)
    Telephone (t)
    Utility (u)
    Warehouse and Supply (ws)
    [COLOR=RoyalBlue]I will have achieved my life's goal if I die with a smile on my face.[/COLOR]

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Smart $ View Post
      AFAICT, they are IBEW. From IBEW.com Local Union Directory...

      363- (catv, em, govt, i, t, u, ws) New City
      Main Office and Referral
      67 Commerce Drive S
      Harriman, NY 10926
      (845) 783-3500
      Fax No. (845) 783-3555
      Email office363@ibewlu363.org
      Web www.ibewlu363.com
      New City Office
      8 Taylor Lane
      New City, NY 10956
      (845) 634-4601
      B.M./F.S. Samuel Fratto III
      Pres. Gil Heim
      R.S. William Edwards
      Meets 4th Tuesday, 7 pm


      Classifications
      Cable Television (catv)
      Electrical Manufacturing (em)
      Government (govt)
      Inside (i)
      Telephone (t)
      Utility (u)
      Warehouse and Supply (ws)
      It's not that local I no theirs an ibew 363 but theirs also a independent local 363 in NYC united service workers

      Comment


        #4
        Google it.... "Local 363 United Service Workers"
        [COLOR=RoyalBlue]I will have achieved my life's goal if I die with a smile on my face.[/COLOR]

        Comment


          #5
          And after USW 363 lost some legal battles in 2009 over deals with employers to force Union selection, an actual IBEW local 363 was established in 2010. Two separate entities.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by GoldDigger View Post
            And after USW 363 lost some legal battles in 2009 over deals with employers to force Union selection, an actual IBEW local 363 was established in 2010. Two separate entities.
            I just joined a shop that's going to join this local preety soon I have some info on it , but just wanted to see if anyone new about this local

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by liquidtite View Post
              I just joined a shop that's going to join this local preety soon I have some info on it , but just wanted to see if anyone new about this local
              New York City Local #3, IBEW battled them for decades in the 80's and 90's. I believe they managed to get the accreditation of the 363 apprentice program suspended which prohibited them from doing certain types of state and federal work due to violations. Some of the 363 shops and workers were given the opportunity to enter into Local #3.
              Rob

              Moderator

              All responses based on the 2017 NEC unless otherwise noted

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by infinity View Post
                New York City Local #3, IBEW battled them for decades in the 80's and 90's. I believe they managed to get the accreditation of the 363 apprentice program suspended which prohibited them from doing certain types of state and federal work due to violations. Some of the 363 shops and workers were given the opportunity to enter into Local #3.
                That battle was with USW 363, since IBEW 363 did not exist then.

                Comment


                  #9
                  IBEW Local #363 was granted it's charter in 1925.

                  http://www.ibewlu363.org/site_v1/history/History.html
                  Rob

                  Moderator

                  All responses based on the 2017 NEC unless otherwise noted

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Is it a good local to wrk for I was told they have a lot of wrk going on

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Cnt wait to get my card

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm biased but in NYC there is only one legitimate electrical construction local and it's in the IBEW.
                        Rob

                        Moderator

                        All responses based on the 2017 NEC unless otherwise noted

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by infinity View Post
                          I'm biased but in NYC there is only one legitimate electrical construction local and it's in the IBEW.
                          There's no but in biased...
                          [COLOR=RoyalBlue]I will have achieved my life's goal if I die with a smile on my face.[/COLOR]

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Smart $ View Post
                            There's no but in biased...
                            I know tegu of have slot of wrk rite now eith the shop That's turning to that local .
                            i diff ure it's worth a shot, I have nothing to lose

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by liquidtite View Post
                              I know tegu of have slot of wrk rite now eith the shop That's turning to that local .
                              i diff ure it's worth a shot, I have nothing to lose

                              Oops ..
                              I no what you mean ibew is deff the better choice but right now I'm just happy to get benefits pention etc .

                              And I no the shop that I got hired to has a few years worth of wrk so I got nothing to Lose .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X